Sex me up! Am I really that lucky?

zippo9

Hey guys and most likely gals too... I've been lurking for quite some time now and decided to take the plunge. First grow, 4 bagseed, first week of flowering. Looks to me like 3 are most likely female and the 4th hasn't shown sex yet. I (think)understand the females could eventually go hermie being bagseed and all, but i would just like the more experienced to confirm the sexes. If they are all femmes from bagseed am I really that lucky?
All are at the first week of flowering under LED and CFL. Thanks in advance for the help!!
DSC0002_1_.jpg

DSC0006_1_.jpg

DSC0007_1_.jpg

This one is the one I'm Not too sure of....

DSC0011_1_.jpg

Ditto that, I think the first threee are female the third is kida up in the air but atthis point if it is the same age would lean towards the female side, good grow can't wait to see the flowering cycle. OG

Oh, and bagseed is no more likely to hermie that feminized seed or autoflowers. So I wouldn't worry about that, Just keep them happy and that should'nt be a problem. If the seeds are from a plant that went hermie, they will likely be all females because that is how feminized seed is made. Female plants that turn hermaphrodite from stress do not have the male genetics to produce male seeds (the whole X and Y chromosome thing), ergo all female progeny.

Oh, and bagseed is no more likely to hermie that feminized seed or autoflowers. So I wouldn't worry about that, Just keep them happy and that should'nt be a problem. If the seeds are from a plant that went hermie, they will likely be all females because that is how feminized seed is made. Female plants that turn hermaphrodite from stress do not have the male genetics to produce male seeds (the whole X and Y chromosome thing), ergo all female progeny.

Thanks for the id guys. Really appreciate the help.

Canabinerd, thanks for the clarification. I thought i had read that really good quality bagseed ( kind of an oxymoron, i know) can sometimes come from self pollinating hermies and would most likely could carry the genetic trait to switch to nanna mode, but i guess i understood wrong. Anyways i understand what you're saying.

Thanks again to all of you.

1 to 3 are definitely females, the fourth has not shown its sex in that picture .. but I am curious is the fourth started flowering yet?

Dam good ratio on the female side plus rep for such killer luck. Mine was the same out of 12 , 3 I pulled because they were not growing so that left 9 out of those 9 I pulled one male the Heribei x Extrema all the others are feamle, so before sexing and fliping the light I pulled the 3 weakest links and ended up with 8 feamle plants which have almost three clones of each going and roots starting to show good so they will get put in soil in the am. Peace, OG.

Dam good ratio on the female side plus rep for such killer luck. Mine was the same out of 12 , 3 I pulled because they were not growing so that left 9 out of those 9 I pulled one male the Heribei x Extrema all the others are feamle, so before sexing and fliping the light I pulled the 3 weakest links and ended up with 8 feamle plants which have almost three clones of each going and roots starting to show good so they will get put in soil in the am. Peace, OG.

Yeah, thanks brother i'm really, really happy with the turnout. Just waiting for my second Blackstar to arrive...
DSC002119.jpg
DSC001630.jpg
DSC002120.jpg
DSC001420.jpg
DSC001320.jpg

Back
Top Bottom