Sex question

Next round coming up soon(tm). May even take the youngsters out on the front porch for the session, especially if the clouds clear and we get nice blue skies later today. May also give the 14MP cam a try instead of the 7.2MP Canon Powershot.

Clear shots in the circles needed not the long whispy items on the sides..female preflowers are teardrops—pollen pods (male parts) are shaped like lemon cucumbers
9F067594-FF42-4DBB-AFC6-0049AD3EE7B2.jpeg

Clear shots in the circles needed not the long whispy items on the sides..female preflowers are teardrops—pollen pods (male parts) are shaped like lemon cucumbers

Thanks much. That will be helpful as well. Actually taking a small break from this for a little bit to work on other projects. Next round of shots will happen after these three get their planter upgrades.

It won't affect or taint the end product if I put little Sharpie marks directly on the stem as sort of an index mark to aid in my photo shots, will it?

It won't affect or taint the end product if I put little Sharpie marks directly on the stem as sort of an index mark to aid in my photo shots, will it?
I doubt it would affect the end product, but I'd be more worried about damaging the stem.

I doubt it would affect the end product, but I'd be more worried about damaging the stem.

Don't think stem damage will be much of a worry for me. I've become pretty good at actually writing perfectly legible with a standard Sharpie; just takes a real light touch. Been even able to make the annotations on my little folded up germination towels legible.

Didn't think so, but figured it was a useful bit of info anyway.

Meantime, all I have now for another update is showing off the screenshot of the charcater of mine who this will be named after (if a boy). I will have to take a shot from the character select screen or costume designer screen to get a really good detailed avatar pic of Jadepetal to print out and affix his planter once he is transplanted and made into a house plant...

Heck...I am now also thinking that once we get our public library cards again (no record of my original membership from 1974), I have a feeling we will be making use of their little 3D printing service pretty heavily for little avatar figurines, at least until we learn the 3D printing ropes and can afford our own printer and the materials to use it.

I know this post is taking the thread a bit off the rails, but just need to show this one off...

Here he is in his full Alpine Fae glory, Jadepetal, a protector of the Auburn Woods and ready to kick some serious booty
Jadepetal Avatar.jpg

Alright. Still no usable up close shots of FL:04 to post, since no matter the digital zoom and the macro settings, and with or without the flash, the shots just come out blurry. Going to try outside as stated before, but still just in the Not Pringles Canister, but that is because the dirt in the chosen planter is still rock hard frozen, as it was out front until just today. Figuring it will be thawed out by tomorrow, then F:04 (whether it is Feyleaf or Jadepetal) can be upgraded.

At least the two Wildlings are now upgraded...

Sexing Candidates-2023-02-12.JPG

#48, designated Fawn now transplanted quite painlessly, and she will take her place on the table by my nightstand upstairs where a recently deceased avocado plant previously resided. #49, designated Bellatrix (need to remake her label) went a bit drama queen after upgrading. Going to keep her where the Feyleaf will ultimately be going, until she perks up; then she can assume her position under the kitchen window.

Sexing Candidates-2023-02-14.JPG

Meanwhile, the 2 canisters that were freed up were immediately yoinked by Feyleaf S:05 and Bitter Sweet Pie S:02 (with her Wild Common Chicory companion) Both FL and BSP are currently looking a bit sickly, but I suspect they will shape right up within a few days. Will put them on the heater down here under the lamp as well for the time being.

Sexing Candidates-2023-02-13.JPG

And the 2 Styro cups in the background have the first representatives of both mother plant 1 and mother plant 2's Birthday Cake Lite seeds, which will likely get their Not Pringles upgrades some time today. Also started 3 of those 5 Feyleaf seeds I saved yesterday, started in the usual way...

Feyleaf-Fawn-2023-15.JPG

And looks like BCL-P2's seedling can use a watering before I go out to the porch for an early 4:20 (at which point I will see if I can get clear no flash out in daylight (despite overcast until shortly before the weekend) on the Feyleaf... Will do same for the Wildlings as well, for that matter)

And my next close up detail pic attempts are not happening today. Stepped outside to start setting up for it, and the dusting of snow that is currently happening meant a big ol' nope. Possibly tomorrow instead. Still going to at least get the Birthday Cake Lites into their Not Pringles canisters at least. And I think instead of drainage holes, these will get a couple good layers of pea gravel in the bottom, so I don't have to dig out a couple more drainage cups.

Finally got what looks to me like a nice clear close up of Feyleaf's areas of interest. Not sure if she is back fully in veg by now or if she even got started on flowering . But here is what I have so far. And Feyleaf is going to stay in this canister until planting day, June, 01.

Sexing Candidates-2023-02-15.JPG

And for what it's worth, here is my best looking so far Birthday Cake Lite - Plant:1 candidate.

Birthday-Cake-Lite-23.JPG

Still working on more spaces for stuff like this. Hopefully once a few more suitable lamps are set up around the house, I can start fast tracking more cannabis and other plants to be ready for Spring and Summer planting. Here's the current environment for Feyleaf, a Feyleaf light chaser...for now, one of the Bitter Sweet Pies, and two of the Birthday Cake Lites (P:1 and P:2 represented.)

Feyleaf and Friends.JPG

Back
Top Bottom