Big Tank

420 Member
I'm new to the forum. Looking to move my small grow tent out of the house, I don't like the idea of the garden shed so was thinking about a shipping container. Delivery would require a big crane, but have found these light weight flat pack containers. www.kovobel.uk Think Ikea of shipping containers!! Looks like a small one could be carried in to the garden without causing too much attention.

Has anyone used one of these as a grow room before? The 2.25m is a similar size as an 8ft garden shed. No windows make it perfect for light pollution.

I'm new to the forum. Looking to move my small grow tent out of the house, I don't like the idea of the garden shed so was thinking about a shipping container. Delivery would require a big crane, but have found these light weight flat pack containers. www.kovobel.uk Think Ikea of shipping containers!! Looks like a small one could be carried in to the garden without causing too much attention.

Has anyone used one of these as a grow room before? The 2.25m is a similar size as an 8ft garden shed. No windows make it perfect for light pollution.
I can only speak on my metal shed.
And in the summer its like a hot box and in the winter real cold.
I guess with the right placement heating and venting / AC in summer it might work all year around.
Also the condensation can be an issue just storing items for me.
:)

If you insulated it and had decent environmental controls it would be decent.
You will loose a little height but 7 8sh feet will work fine.
I insulated a year round grow facility this winter.
Check my VIVOHUT thread.
I can assist with planning and material choices if you like.
Looking forward to it.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

You have my attention. Personally, I’d think it would be a huge heat magnet. I’d at least do what I could to reflect the sun (at least paint it white), then like others have said, insulation, insulation, insulation. I’m an HVAC contractor and have said for a great many years “give me a well insulated box and I’ll show you how to heat it and cool it efficiently. Personally, I’d think you would need in excess of an R-21 on the sidewalls and like an R-30 or greater overhead.
Then the country boy in me thinks an R-30 sidewall would make me sleep a bit better🤔😎

I know there are companies that sell “plug and play” grow rooms made from these steel storage containers. Maybe someone here has one and can chime in with real world data and not just a sales brochure.

Back
Top Bottom