Should I clone? Please help!

guanxo

Hello,

I have been growing weed indoors in a tent for a few years now, and I always grow my plants from seeds so I can have different strains to smoke and I don't get any plague from a clone, but lately I have been thinking about growing a mother plant and start growing my plants from clone. My question is:

Would I see my harvest increased if a grow from clones?, is selecting clones and that stuff easy? And worthy?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have been growing weed indoors in a tent for a few years now, and I always grow my plants from seeds so I can have different strains to smoke and I don't get any plague from a clone, but lately I have been thinking about growing a mother plant and start growing my plants from clone. My question is:

Would I see my harvest increased if a grow from clones?, is selecting clones and that stuff easy? And worthy?

Thanks!

clones alow for shorter vegcycle as the plants are already mature and can basically be switched on day 1 of veg.
if you want fast harvests id say go sea of green with clones.
if you like to work your plants you might aswell stick to seeds however a good pheno might be considered a keeper ... its up to you!

pt

Hello,

Thanks!
Ok simple answer is that with rooted clones you can flip at any time so reduced veg time which equals faster to harvest. So If you have a strain you like growing or want to keep. Take a clone and keep her as a mother and run a pepetual taking clones every 2 weeks. At least you know the quality of the end product.
With seeds on the other hand you might get different phenos even from the same seeds. So it is more of a crapshoot. May end up with a keeper or a few which you would have preferred not to grow.

clones alow for shorter vegcycle as the plants are already mature and can basically be switched on day 1 of veg.
if you want fast harvests id say go sea of green with clones.
if you like to work your plants you might aswell stick to seeds however a good pheno might be considered a keeper ... its up to you!

pt
Haha what you said bro lol. I should have read before typing out that chapter haha

I run most from clone as I no what will happen.

New plants I always do 4-5 seeds let them go until I can take clones of each and set to bloom.
The keeper stays the rest is thrown away.
If working with reg seeds I put the clone in bloom to see sex and not taking time and space for males.

If growing only for personal stuff it makes less sense if you want some variety.

Phenos can be very different in quality and how it grows, short and compact makes a lot less work.
Lanky stretchers witch use much space and make a mess you don't want in perpetual grows.

With selected phenos you can gain 0,5g per Watt quite easy.

I'm a little surprised that you've been growing for a few years and haven't tried it out of curiosity. I've cloned and grown over and over because it's a ridiculously easy way to get a lot of plants quickly & cheap. All you need is some cloning gel or powder and a substrate. Lots of guides out there and even some of the newer cloners make it even easier (but more $) If you find a strain that really speaks to you then cloning into a perpetual harvest becomes the way to go once you find a plant with good characteristics/genetics.

Thanks for all the replies, they are really good advice.

The thing is that because I grow just for personal use I only have one tent and I don't know what to do with the clones when I switch the lights to 12/12 for the tent.

It is enough work one tent. What is the less time invest solution for keeping some clones and having just one tent?.

Btw, here in Spain you cannot buy clones so it is much easier for me go and buy seeds, plus I don't have to keep a mother plants through the summer, because in the summer I stop my perpetual grow.

Do you guys think which could be the best set up for having my scrog tent grow and at the same time having some clones?

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the replies, they are really good advice.

The thing is that because I grow just for personal use I only have one tent and I don't know what to do with the clones when I switch the lights to 12/12 for the tent.

It is enough work one tent. What is the less time invest solution for keeping some clones and having just one tent?.

Btw, here in Spain you cannot buy clones so it is much easier for me go and buy seeds, plus I don't have to keep a mother plants through the summer, because in the summer I stop my perpetual grow.

Do you guys think which could be the best set up for having my scrog tent grow and at the same time having some clones?

Thanks again!
A small tent with a cheap led or cfls. If you dont want a tent can just rig up a little cfl fixture and keep it outside the flower tent.

Back
Top Bottom