Mother Plant, when cutting to make clones

Optimus PrimeBud

So I am starting my second grow. I plan on cloning a few plants so I don't have to keep buying new seeds.

1st question: When taking clones from the mother plant, will she recover as in grow more branches? Or is it you can only take so many clones and then she is worthless.

2nd question: When taking clones how long does it take for them to recover and grow roots? And can you then take clones from them when they get to a decent size.

Keep the mother in veg and she will continue to grow as long as you take care of her.

Take cuttings from her weekly, even if you don't use them. Only take a few each week, using this to trim and shape her. Also bending her large branches horizontally, lower branches will grow towards the light and you can take cuttings.

Clones should show roots in one to two weeks. And yes you can clones from them, and from the next and the next........ Ed's book says he had seen growers who were beyond 20 generations of clones.

Prairie

Keep the mother in veg and she will continue to grow as long as you take care of her.

Take cuttings from her weekly, even if you don't use them. Only take a few each week, using this to trim and shape her. Also bending her large branches horizontally, lower branches will grow towards the light and you can take cuttings.

Clones should show roots in one to two weeks. And yes you can clones from them, and from the next and the next........ Ed's book says he had seen growers who were beyond 20 generations of clones.

Prairie

Wow you answered all of my questions thank you!! I'll wait til i find a strong healthy plant make that ht emoter and when she has enough branches i'll start cloning!!! Hope you stop by and check out my grow :)

Ok so I have another question for you guys I remember seeing something like this before, but can't remember exactly what it is.

Almost everyday I notice the leaves on all the plants are pointing straight up. Does this just mean they're searching for light? Also does anyone know when its ok to start adding molasses into the water feeding?

Stand up, stretch your arms up into the air, stretching out towards the light like a solar diver, then extend your arms down and out like solar panels, twisting yourself to follow the direction of the light... ;)

If I were a mime, I could do it better lol.

Speaking in terms of the newer (top growth) I have observed that when my bitches are primed and in total health, the tops will be standing erect, almost as if doing stretches.
I have equated this as being a sign of health, it happens all the time after a feed... I look at this (reaching) as a goal or standard in my garden.

As for the molasses, I use it from the time they are a couple of feet tall until they finish... it works wonders for the plants and helps chelate the nutes I feed... awesome stuff! :thumb:

Ok so I have another question for you guys I remember seeing something like this before, but can't remember exactly what it is.

Almost everyday I notice the leaves on all the plants are pointing straight up. Does this just mean they're searching for light? Also does anyone know when its ok to start adding molasses into the water feeding?

Speaking in terms of the newer (top growth) I have observed that when my bitches are primed and in total health, the tops will be standing erect, almost as if doing stretches.
I have equated this as being a sign of health, it happens all the time after a feed... I look at this (reaching) as a goal or standard in my garden.

As for the molasses, I use it from the time they are a couple of feet tall until they finish... it works wonders for the plants and helps chelate the nutes I feed... awesome stuff! :thumb:

Thanks for the info! It good to know that they are i good health and that reaching for the light is ok. Also what is your mixture for molasses? I've heard some people say a table spoon to a gallon of water does this sound right?

Stand up, stretch your arms up into the air, stretching out towards the light like a solar diver, then extend your arms down and out like solar panels, twisting yourself to follow the direction of the light... ;)

If I were a mime, I could do it better lol.

LOL nice way of explaining it! hope you guys follow my new grow its going well :)

Back
Top Bottom