Should I Harvest?

Tarek N

Oi this Gelato auto is about 90 days old! Its growth in places is weird. you still see white pistils but most are orange. It smells a lot less than earlier, does that mean its past due? The trichomes are I think clear but some seem milky. What do you think?

20210417_132235.jpg

20210417_132217.jpg

20210417_132133.jpg

Its growth in places is weird.
I figure what you seed as weird growth is what is usually called 'foxtailing'. Based on what I have read it is caused by genetics and that is considered OK since it still allows for a good smoke. Another type of 'foxtailing' is often caused by hot lights, lights to close, or a hotter than it should be environment.

Another possible cause is old age for the buds as in they are getting overripe. That is just my observation on watching a couple of my clones of Blue Dream and Girl Scout Cookies flower for a week or two past usual. I did not look for any articles to back that up, it is just what I see.

There is a fairly decent article on 'foxtailing' on the web site "growweedeasy" or something like that. Good photos included to show what the article mentions. Also Royal Queen Seeds has a shorter article that says pretty much the same thing.
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-how-to-spot-and-handle-cannabis-foxtails-n638

No amber trichomes. What does being over ripe do? I thought the longer you waited the more narcotic it was....
I just cut my 4 autos recently and put them to their 48 hours of dark when I first started seeing some amber trichomes. The remaining ones were mostly cloudy. When you wait till you have a few amber ones, you get more of a “couch lock “ feeling, like it will pin you to the bed. My autos went 86 and 90 days. Be sure to check the buds on all the colas of each plant.

Back
Top Bottom