Should I keep feeding and push for a longer grow?

Sonman

Would love to hear from more experienced on this I'm thinking on pushing the plant farther. I just got a new light. I'm about to finish week 7. And my friend that gave the clones and was growing this strain for years basically tell me I should start flushing . Normally this strain starts to look like it's finishing up around now however this light.. it seems to starting to foxtail all over non stop growth. The New growth all fresh not ready tricombs. All the years I helped trim this plant only a few times I seen mild foxtails. I'm thinking on another feed week and maybe decide depending on how the tails continue to burst out. I think the foxtails look great on the finished plant, kinda like many of the seedsman plants are full of great foxtails. That's what I think I'm might push for. My friends sticks to his clock and don't ever push. I think the plant love the light. If I do push should I cut back on dry kool bloom or a 3rd full strength week? I don think want the plant to taste like crap either. I'm thinking 1/4 -1/2 strength nutes and feel it out rather then flushing Monday. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• Image-68.jpg
    Image-68.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 61
  • file-17.jpeg
    file-17.jpeg
    735.3 KB · Views: 68
I am with you fella. feed until last day then low and slow dry uncut until finished. remove all leaf then. you should have a better more potent weed if you allow them to finish properly with food. the stores will be used up when drying rather than starving them for two weeks when they need food the most. #Noflushclub

They kinda still look like they can use a bit longer but how do the trichomes look? Me personally when I take on a new strain I go by trichomes and I let certain strains go 7 weeks then take note how big they were how they looked and terpene profile then next grow I let some go 8 weeks then 9 weeks +. I noticed some of my girls get more dense foxtail and change color. As soon as some go past the 10 weeks they start to enter the rodelization stage(hermie). So I don't let them go past that.

Grow the strain harvest at different times and see what you enjoy best.

Well, tricombs are not fully ready as most is covered with new tails starting. Leaves look done. Lots more fans are dropping.back part of the plant is slowly starting to fade. So it's close,figure I going to go another week at least.grow was cut back to almost none last week. This week I'm planning 1/5 feed of bloom and micro. There is way too much going on right now to stop I think.

Would love to hear from more experienced on this I'm thinking on pushing the plant farther. I just got a new light. I'm about to finish week 7. And my friend that gave the clones and was growing this strain for years basically tell me I should start flushing . Normally this strain starts to look like it's finishing up around now however this light.. it seems to starting to foxtail all over non stop growth. The New growth all fresh not ready tricombs. All the years I helped trim this plant only a few times I seen mild foxtails. I'm thinking on another feed week and maybe decide depending on how the tails continue to burst out. I think the foxtails look great on the finished plant, kinda like many of the seedsman plants are full of great foxtails. That's what I think I'm might push for. My friends sticks to his clock and don't ever push. I think the plant love the light. If I do push should I cut back on dry kool bloom or a 3rd full strength week? I don think want the plant to taste like crap either. I'm thinking 1/4 -1/2 strength nutes and feel it out rather then flushing Monday. What are your thoughts?
I am on a campaign to bring back into proper use the term FLUSH. Misuse of this term has given rise to the no flush club, and I don't think that is the proper response either.
Giving nothing but water for the last 2 weeks is nothing more than starving a hungry plant... it is not flushing. Flushing is the act of running 3x the container size in water, through the soil. A 5 gallon container takes 15 gallons of water. That is a flush, and it cleans the soil of any accumulated salts and debris and assures full uptake from that point forward.

Several growing systems flush at regular intervals throughout the grow. The single most important time to flush for just about any method out there is the point at the beginning of final bud stretch, about 2 weeks before the end. After that flush there is no reason at all to not continue to give nutes, especially finishing nutes like those from our great sponsor Terpinator, so that you can get the very best buds possible from that plant. A starvation diet at the end when the plant is the most hungry is NOT the way to accomplish this.

I am on a campaign to bring back into proper use the term FLUSH. Misuse of this term has given rise to the no flush club, and I don't think that is the proper response either.
Giving nothing but water for the last 2 weeks is nothing more than starving a hungry plant... it is not flushing. Flushing is the act of running 3x the container size in water, through the soil. A 5 gallon container takes 15 gallons of water. That is a flush, and it cleans the soil of any accumulated salts and debris and assures full uptake from that point forward.

Several growing systems flush at regular intervals throughout the grow. The single most important time to flush for just about any method out there is the point at the beginning of final bud stretch, about 2 weeks before the end. After that flush there is no reason at all to not continue to give nutes, especially finishing nutes like those from our great sponsor Terpinator, so that you can get the very best buds possible from that plant. A starvation diet at the end when the plant is the most hungry is NOT the way to accomplish this.
And there is the voice of sense and logic. Expertly put as always. I agree with what your saying and my #noflush is in relation to the bro science of "removing " the nutes from the plant. Even a breeder who uses this term when "teaching" customers with the how to guides. gnaws my melon

Thanks for that reminder. I read that a few times and for some reason I have a terrible memory. Haha. Thing is most company's don't mention a finish nutrient guide..chart just ends.. My friends got " starve your plant" burned into my head, and feed guides always suggest to starve the plant because the chart ends.. I honestly think most my friends are a bit hard headed that way and not willing or afraid to try different. I have been following more the folks here and think doing great thanks to everyone's contributions. My run off is still high ppm so hopefully the plant uses some of that while over the final Weeks while I cut back. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom