Should I prune older big fan leaves?

Was ready to strip my plant over a few spots like these.
20190906_124727.jpg
Try some uvb treatments it will kill all your fungus.

Those spots 'ain't nothin'' man you should see the real PM here in mid-Michigan. The wild phlox and every herb in the gardens that doesn't get full open air circulation is covered with it. It's unsightly and will mess up the leaves but these plants are over 20 years old and they just keep coming back and blooming every year. Bonide makes a pre-mixed H2O2 spray that works great too, if you can get it.

Welcome. Always great help around here sharing knowledge to us noobies.

Cut off all the lower fan leaves. They will not get as much light as the rest of the plant, and you will get more growth toward the rest of the plant. They will just slow the plant down. Make sure all energy goes toward the buds.

Cut off all the lower fan leaves. They will not get as much light as the rest of the plant, and you will get more growth toward the rest of the plant. They will just slow the plant down. Make sure all energy goes toward the buds.
That's good advice when the plant is in Veg, but I would avoid that in Flower

Yeah. Makes sense. I just adjusted the nutrient mix to higher phosphorus on Saturday so I will stop all defoliation at this point.

I'd ask around here for a hydrogen peroxide mix for the mildew. You might not want to spray that on your buds because it is sulpher based and if you've ever smelled sulpher.....blech, rotten eggs smell. Safer is a good product, though. Maybe dilute it if you do use it. Those large fan leaves on the bottom will eventually shrivel up and drop off on their own once the plant has extracted all it needs from them. And welcome!
I had powdery mildew on some succulents, and one soaking with a mild solution of bicarbonate of soda (1 tablespoon in a quart) got rid of it in 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom