Should I trim fan leaves anymore?

onestickz

1447801035273.jpg
1447801063743.jpg
1447801092791.jpg
Sup 420 fam

So far I'm in my 4th week going into my 5th on Saturday. My two girls are growing out of control in my little tent, I think next time I with veg less and only do one at a time til I get a bigger tent and space.
Anyway, I want to get more light to my buds but the only way to do that is cutting the fan leaves. I know that's where the energy is stored, plus I cut alot already. So I'm wondering if I should cut anymore to get more light to the sights.
Like I said, I'm entering my 5th week so I don't want to hurt my yield. I'm LST'ing all branches that are trying to grow into the light, but that's blocking some of the light to the lower buds.
If any pro's know if this is a good idea let me know, but all info is welcome✌

Re: Should I trim fan leaves anymore

I wouldn't say I'm a pro but I'll still respond! It looks from the middle picture that you are getting light below the canopy. If that is your goal then I think it has been achieved. Plucking leaves is addictive, I know it difficult for me to stop once I get started. There are very strong opinions about fan leaves being removed, both pro and con. I decided to do a side by side test to determine the effects, and I was a little surprised by my results. Try it both ways yourself and see what works in your environment.

Best Of Buds

JB

The middle pic is actually a side view looking below the canopy. The other 2 is top views. I don't want to go overboard, but I want more buds to lol.
Thanks for the input, happy harvest.✌

Strictly my opinion here but I would at least thin the middle of those girls for 2 reasons. 1. It will help airflow(not that you have a problem).
2. More energy should head to the rest of the plants.

There are tons of debates about this and to me it's all about the grower. I happen to thin the middle of the plants just before they go to flower and I will maintain(take) fan leaves as needed during flower specifically targeting big fans that are blocking flower sights.

Here's a picture of what mine look like now 7 weeks into flower. They look a little worse for wear due to grower error. About a month ago
I over fed with molasses and forgot to ph the water;) . Anyway these plants were trimmed all the way through flower. As you can see I'm no pro just chiming in on your thread. Hope you don't mind.
DSCN08097.JPG
DSCN08129.JPG
DSCN081110.JPG
DSCN08075.JPG

Your lady's look beautiful by the way!:thumb: Edit: In the last picture the closest plant, just before she got flush and trim.

1447103435775.jpg
1447278968378.jpg
Nice. They look good. Can't wait till my girls look like that. Looks like I'm a fer weeks behind you lol

Everything in moderation. I've noticed that when I get a def in bloom it is usually on the larger fans. Especially the ones drawing the most light. I suppose that means they are working overtime to give me the bud I want. Be careful not to overdo it to the point of diminished return.

Back
Top Bottom