Shriveled, curly and discolored leaves

Dre tries to grow

Good day

A scoundrel Seeking some advice.
I have a Royal Queen seed northern light automatic autoflower.

In my 13week. Can't say which week of flower

400watt hps distance was like 20cm away but moved it to 45cm.

In my cupboard with a 4inch fan causing passive air intake

Temps about 27 degrees Celsius but for the past 4 days it's been like 32 Celsius.

Rh 50%.

Fabric 17litre pot

I have a issue whereby about 2 days ago I watered my plant pH 6.3 I normally use a bucket and grill, place my plant on there and water till some run off and wait till it stops dripping, and then place it back into position.

But today as I look it still looks lifeless, shrinking up, curling, yellow and brown mainly at the top

Could this be root rot or an imbalance in ph somehow

Attachments

• IMG_20201106_171952.jpg
    IMG_20201106_171952.jpg
    643.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20201106_171949.jpg
    IMG_20201106_171949.jpg
    780.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20201106_171940.jpg
    IMG_20201106_171940.jpg
    800.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20201106_171933.jpg
    IMG_20201106_171933.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20201106_171918.jpg
    IMG_20201106_171918.jpg
    910 KB · Views: 56
to diagnose we need more info, what’s your grow media? Are you using nutes? which ones how much? What about cal-mag? What’s your source of water? Do you adjust ph?

27 is about tops for indoors - it’s not enough to monitor the environment, you must control it. Damaged leaves won’t recover, look to new growth for signs of recovery.

pretty sure you have other issues too, maybe pests. If you have a loupe or pocket microscope then snip a few fan leaves and check them front and back for mites, thrips, aphids or eggs. Gotta have serious magnification to see most critters. If you don’t have a scope then try magnifyer smart phone app, allows your device camera to take digital microscope images

A few photos are out of focus - it would help to have a better pics, maybe add flash

More folks will jump in soon hopefully - see what other replies you get

I get leaves just like that on some plants. I have concluded that it is the result of a combination of several things in the growing process. The following is based on my indoor plants and a few that were grown outside.

Over the first several weeks after the plant switches over to flowering the hormones switch from growing stems, leaves and roots to the hormones that control the growth of the flowers. Any water that the plant needs is now being pulled from the leaves faster than it can replace it with the root system. That is why it is not responding to being watered like it used to just a week or two ago.

It is a small container and the plant has been pulling nutrients from the soil or soil mix faster than the soil organisms can replace it or faster than the grower can fertilize with water soluble nutrients. If it is being grown in a soilless mix or hydro style method then the plant has grown faster than the gardener can get the nutrients into the root zone.

And, I believe that the shriveling up of the leaves and the off green color are signs of low levels of phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) which started in the last week or couple of weeks before flowering started. Once flowering starts the plant needs more of those two macro nutrients than it can pull from the soil or hydro solutions so it starts to take from the leaves.

All this is based on watching photoperiod plants I have grown in 1 gallon, 2 gallon and occasionally 5 gallon containers. This summer I started switching over to using 3, 4 and 5 gallon pots and have worked out a nutrient schedule that seems to be working. I have noticed fewer of these types of leaf problems.

The plant is getting close to the end so enjoy watching the plant finish off. While that is happening plan out your harvesting, trimming, drying, curing or whatever you might need to do if making salves, cookies, oils or whatever.

The plant is getting close to the end judging by the size and the maturity of the flowers. I do not know how much longer you have but it could be another 2 weeks or so. Do not let the soil dry out to much but do not over water either since those two extremes can kill off more of the remaining roots.

Have a great day.

just looking at the visual it looks very over watered

3.7 gallon is no where near big enough plus i dont think they are filled to the neck so prob more three gallon your using , im doing autos in 5 gallon , the plant is struggling to get water , and nutes are being tied up , try setting the pot on top of another pot with new soil , see if the roots grow through into the next pot ( i am working on doing this my self due to not filling one pot so i can try this out ) this is a prime example , :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom