Simple Hobby

greendreem420

I got a 1x1x3 shelving unit, I plan to stick One plant in there just to get it started and move it to a 3x3x6 unit when good. This is purely an expirement. The lights is the question. is flourescent the way to go, Cheap, effective, and simple? im using soil, potting soil

im growing in a 3'x3' by 6.5' i would get atleast a 400 hps if i where you they only cost 20 a month to run but your results will be so muhc better you can get a swichable hps/mh on ebay from 100-200 dollars. a small oscalating fan. and exauste and a intake and your plants will thank you in the end. you can get used squercages prett cheap for exauste or if heat is to much of a issue just get 2 bathroom vent fans from hom depot or some where ther only 12 dollars each and work well for small areas.
good luck and goos smoke please be sure to share pictures and exsperence with the rest of us! oh by the way what strian are you planing on growing

I would go with the hps also...come pickin time you wont regret... just make sure you have plenty of ventilation.. If not cfl's would be your next best bet cause standard fluro's are four foot long and wouldnt fit anyway...

The next question, Whats the best medium that doesnt require a whole lot of maintence? the soil isn't quite working. I got these little fruit fly thingies and the seeds aren't taking. is there any thing better? I'm using miracle grow potting soil.

greendreem420 said:
ha ha, then why is there a posting feature?

The posting feature is here so that people can ask specific Q's and get answers.
People who give grow advice aren't being paid to do so. We're all fellow growers.
The best way to find out how to grow pot is start out by reading a grow book, then by readin posts on any subject you don't fully grasp, THEN asking specific Q's.
But a lot of members don't see any point to posting answers to the same basic questions over and over when all someone has to do is read the answer that's already here.

It's not a good ideal to be a smart ass and yes try reading and you will find everything you need to know right here without asking :hmmmm: :smokin: can u say daaaaaa

Back
Top Bottom