Which RO unit to purchase?

dogstick

Hola and happy holidays to you all, I am finally in the works of possibly buying a RO unit and was wondering what you guys and gals used. I am looking at a cheap,simple and easy to hook up unit. The one I have eyed up now is the hydrologic stealth 100 for $225. What do you guys think? thanks

hey dogstick ............ i just went through the r. o. thing my water was terrible at 1100 ppm out of the faucet its well water , i bought a 5 stage ro rated at 50 gpd it was the pro5 , you need to study up on the amount of water you require , because there are a lot of variables , mine is rated at 50gpd but i can only pull about 3.5 gals a day out of my system , some of the variables are how bad your water is , how much pressure you have , how big the storage tank is , like the hydrologic 100 doesnt come with any type of storage tank and may even require a high pressure pump to boost the pressure , that means its way more than $225 i get enough out of my system to stock up and have some extra jugs around , but they dont produce nearly the amount they advertise , the numbers they give are the flow rating of the r.o. membrane filter , hope i shed some light on some things to consider before you make a bad purchase ................SMOKR1 :peace:

Thanks you guys, yea looks like i am going to have to look a little more into this one. I did read about the pressure but when you add everything else into the eqation it makes it a bit more difficult. I really dont need it to hook to my sink I just need it to be able to hook to a regular hose. I did notice that you need a run off bucket too. Man nothing comes easy does it. Thanks and will get back when I make a choice.

I fought the water issue for a few weeks., I got one of these

AQUARIUM REEF RO DI REVERSE OSMOSIS FILTRATION SYSTEM - eBay (item 200420696437 end time Dec-29-09 07:09:17 PST)

Cheap, and very efficient, it does not produce a lot of water quickly though, so I hooked up another resivior, ad installed a simple float valve, I let the RO run its course, and with the tank is full, it shuts down the water, works very well, this one does not have a tank for storage, which for my use was fine, since the tank is only about two gallons, its useless for the needs of the gardener, unless your planning on using it for drinking water, get this basic RO/DI system.

I installed this on top of a 30 gallon bucket In case of a leak), and plumed it outside, (RO needs a drain when producing RO water).

RO is the only way to go....

thanks for that link big dog. I'm in the market for a RO system for my future aero build. This will work perfect and is about half the cost of the other units I've been eyeing up!

thanks for that link big dog. I'm in the market for a RO system for my future aero build. This will work perfect and is about half the cost of the other units I've been eyeing up!

This guy is out of Santa Ana in SO Cal if your in the area, he will let you pick it up, also the phone service is great, the techs will answer any questions you have.....

Back
Top Bottom