supercloset grow units

RasTim

:ganjamon:Greetings I am considering buying a sidebyside grow unit. Has anyone ever purchased from them and if so how are the results?

:ganjamon:Greetings I am considering buying a sidebyside grow unit. Has anyone ever purchased from them and if so how are the results?

These turn key boxes are popular. I have no direct knowledge of that particular brand - other than the cost of $3500 + accessories

For that kind of money you might want to check out the competition before you make your final decision.

Complete Turn-Key Grow Light / Hydro Systems

Welcome to our New Sponsor: BC Northern Lights

Both of these companies are sponsor's here. In the second link you can link out into specific grow journals and see how they've worked.

Good luck with your decision ;)

Thanks for the input. I put a call into BC and I am waiting for a call back. Keep you updated on which way I go Until then Peace

They look like a pretty nice unit, but there are a lot of companies that make grow boxes these days. I would do some research before you make your final decision. Just take a look at this Google search for all the choices you have when buying a grow box. Some companies now are even making fully automated unit that will add water and adjusted nutrients for you automatically. I definitely would love one of those!

grow box - Google Search

I know someone with a supercloset and he really likes it. He has had to add a few things to it however. I also have a turn key unit made by a competitor and I am finding that I have to add the same things. I will explain further.

First - We both have had to upgrade our exhaust fans or not use the carbon filter. When you put the filter on the exhaust is muffled and does not flow nearly as fast as with it off. There is a 7+ degree temp difference with it off. Both of our units could hit 90 degree with the filter on and having an air temp of about 72 in the room. I have not had to use mine in the summer time but I can already see that it will be very hard to keep the inside air cool while keeping the doors closed.

2nd we have both had to add a water chiller to keep our reservoir temps under 82 degree. This is because of the DWC reservoir the turnkey units use.

Personally I dont like the dripper heads. They are a pain to adjust when you have plants in the reservoir. If you need it for stealth then its not a bad option. If you have enough room I would go with a grow tent and buy each component.

I hope this helps some.

edit

also dont expect them to be completely stealthy either. You can see light coming from the front edges and the back.

I have an old stand up freezer (looks like a fridge) I'm thinking of gutting it, and making my own grow box out of it, I already have all the hydro/lights/canfan/charcoal filter etc. I think I can convert it pretty easy, it should be stealth too, with the strong door lock it has, and the rubber seals, for the door, good insulation etc.

Any thoughts ?

As long as you can vent the thing. Your going to need in/out penetrations and a port to bring the electric in.

Sounds like a cool project. Maybe make a picture thread so we can all watch you, in the cabinet/grow room set up forum ;)

Back
Top Bottom