Sir Mick Jagger: Rolling Stone Calls For 'Marijuana To Be Legalised On Isle Of Man'

Warbux

The 66 year-old British rock star, who was convicted of possessing narcotics in the 1960s, suggested a trial scheme should be carried out on the island "to see what happens".

In an interview on American television, Sir Mick urged officials to legalise cannabis only on the island, and only for a limited time, to test whether such a ban would work.

New shots of John Lennon and Mick Jagger found"The whole question of legalising drugs is fraught," Sir Mick told the Larry King Live show on CNN.

"You usually try these things out in very small places. You know, like you try a new product out in a small kind of society or an island somewhere.

"In England they always try out new mobile phones in the Isle of Man. They've got a captive society. So I said, you should try — you should try the legalisation of all drugs on the Isle of Man and see what happens."

Sir Mick, who is now known for his fitness rather than recreational drug use, insisted his proposal would help prevent violent crime that is normally associated with narcotics trade.

He said young people would always experiment with substances despite the obvious negative side effects.

"Human beings seem to have a propensity to want to take drugs in some form.

"It seems to be the propensity of human beings to want to use them. I think you have to take that as read, you know.

"But then what do you do when it affects so many people's lives, and not in a good way? And then also you get a lot of violence at both ends of the scope. So you get violence in some countries."

"That's the part that speaks to some sort of legalisation. Because that, you would hope, would help the violence from both ends of the supply line."

Sir Mick admitted his amphetamine conviction in 1967, quashed later on appeal, still caused him problems when travelling through America.

Sir Mick this week attended the Cannes Film Festival for a special screening of Stones in Exile, a documentary about the making of the Rolling Stones 1972 album Exile on Main Street.

News Hawk: Warbux 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Telegraph.co.uk
Author: Andrew Hough
Copyright: 2010 Telegraph.co.uk
Website: Sir Mick Jagger: Rolling Stone calls for 'marijuana to be legalised on Isle of Man' - Telegraph

Re: Sir Mick Jagger: Rolling Stone Calls For 'Marijuana To Be Legalised On Isle Of Ma

Right on Mr. Mic Jagger. But why just there man, the whole fricken world man ! :bigtoke: :peace::peace:

Re: Sir Mick Jagger: Rolling Stone Calls For 'Marijuana To Be Legalised On Isle Of Ma

Well, you could call the earth the Isle of Man, because we're one little island in the whole expanse of space, and yes, it should be legal there.

I'm sorry, God, that we're messing up your lovely planet. In the alternate universe, however, i see that farmers all over this lovely country have donated tons of hemp stalks to cooperate in redressing some environmental issue not involving BP, because back in Henry Ford's day, when making his car that was made of, and ran on, hemp, the oil guys lost, and the world went green, the oceans pristine, and the migrating birds are fattening themselves dipping into the hemp patches along their routes.

That utopia sounds wonderful TB. If only the machinery for cultivating hemp would have come sooner than later, things may have been different. What I find amazing is how racism in our own government turned an innocent plant into the demon seed it has. And, the propaganda continues today. It is sickening!!

That utopia sounds wonderful TB. If only the machinery for cultivating hemp would have come sooner than later, things may have been different. What I find amazing is how racism in our own government turned an innocent plant into the demon seed it has. And, the propaganda continues today. It is sickening!!

+reps for hitting the nail right square on. The whole underpinning argument was rotten to the core and is even more rotten. From politicians getting 'tough' to police keeping forfeitures, it all stinks.

I'm thinking, tho, that about now, everyone is waking up to the enormity of the lies we have been told - safety of off-shore drilling, safety of investment banks, safety of health care - it's all crashing in and politicians are being revealed as craven and corrupt.

With more people of reason speak out, the more eyes will be opened, and Mick Jagger counts! He's not corrupt! Who else counts is all our vets wanting medical MJ - it's a sin and a crime denying vets MJ because it covers so much of their hurts.

Back
Top Bottom