Slight nute burn during seedling phase

Richard Hard

i have a dwc setup, and after germination ihad to place germed seeds in sure to grow inserts (water line half inch up net pot) because i didnt have to proper tray and dome to start them in. i followed the fox farm cutting and seedling scedule (1 tsp of grow big 2 tsp of big bloom) big mistake...! almost all my seedlings are sprouting but they are growing very slow and poorly, plus very dark green from the excess nitrogen. i changed the rez with pure 5.9 ph balanced water and i rinsed the inserts with pure ph 5.9 water 3 times. my seedlings are starting to turn back to a lighter green and are starting to grow somewhat.. my question is, will my seedlings come back? and if they do how long before they take off?

Hi Richard

I think they ill probably come back. I dont give my seedlings anything but water for 1st 3 weeks. Ill then start them on 1/4 nutes. Do you have pics???

Btw i made the same mistake with my dwc's and they r flourishing now

Have a look

3 Purps 1 Mystery DWC/Soil

thanks bobulak. this is my first dwc grow and i had faster results in soil before and was confused as to why (if hydro was faster) why there werent taking off. diagnosed them with nute overdose within a day and rinsed the rez and inserts with the ph balanced water (5.9) like i said. how long after you corrected your problem, did your seedlings take to get over the stress and start flourishing?

Back
Top Bottom