Slow bud development

dube

420 Member
Hi All

I'm a newbie here and on my 2nd grow.I already grow orchids so I had Dyna Gro and used it as a fert. First grow went spectacular Pineapple Kush, Apollo 13 x Vortex and Royal Haze 3 oz.= per plant huge colas. I did not like the taste though so I switched to Botanicare Pro Soil Expert recipe for both grow and flower. Using their growth formula I am getting fantastic results but in flowering I now have a Wappa at week 8 of flowering and buds are there but not developing fast enough pretty spindly compared to the previous Dyna Gro plants. Looks like it is going to take 14 weeks to mature this creates a huge problem as the vegetative plants need to go into the bloom room but there is little space left. Should I switch nutes for the bloom? Has anyone used Botanicare for their bloom? Any input would help.

Thank You

I live in the North East also and have a couple of friends that grow also. With the extremely low temps this year a couple of my friends noticed a similar situation with slower bud development on strains that they have ran many times. Even though in the past it wasn't a big deal, this year they had to lift their plants off the basement floor for better insulation. After a little diagnostic period we discovered the floor was keeping the root zone temps down even though the room temps were on target. Just throwing it out there that it might not be your nutes or soil, but something else.

Smokey I think you are right I had allot of problems with heating my flower room actually had the surface of the soil freeze one morning thought the plant was done but lifted it and she was fine. Really bumping up the air circulation helped . Also I read somewhere bud development explodes at the end of the bloom with organic nutes. We will see.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom