Smell Or Help me convince Her lol!

sh4dy

Hi,and thanks for looking...

Ive been a member of many assorted forums and know how helpful they can be.

I'm preparing for a grow,Ms.sh4dy has expressed her doubts about the smell.

I'm planning a wardrobe/stealth installation.

I am prepared to do whatever practical.

My question is:

How effective is odor control REALLY?

Thank y'all in advance...
sh4dy

Re: Smell. Or...Help me convince HER,lol!

I would also be interested to know how effective odor control can really be. I too am preparing for a grow, and my femme fatale is concerned about the potential for strong odors. To assuage her concerns I told her that she can tell me to shut down the grow if she judges the smell to be too strong.

Hey guys, this was my concern also. A must have is a in-line fan and carbon filter. exhaust air outside keeping negative pressure in the grow room. No smell anywhere.
:welcome:

One good investment is to have inline fan (good fan carry a 10yrs warranty) with carbon filter, you can either buy the carbon filter and attached it onto your fan (make sure the size match) or make it yourself and get the activated carbon from fish store. Then you can have it as a scrubber (cycle the air inside the grow room) or exhausting the air outside along with the heat. The odor is made up of tiny particles that will get trap on the surface of the activated carbon, possible by porosity. So exhausted air will be odorless.

I got two DIY scrubbers; 4in vortex fan + 2 pounds of activated carbon in a plastic container with holes, works great. I live with 4 roommates and they don't smell a thing. They don't even know that I grow.

Some pics of it.

MG_0740.jpg
MG_0734.jpg
MG_0730.jpg
MG_0732.jpg

I agree, you can get next to perfect results with a simple inline fan/carbon filter (kits off ebay are generally ok) one of those automatic air fresheners outside your grow room for extra protection wont go a miss either.

Nice pics twelve12, pretty funny that you havent told your roomates, probs for the best... they might want a share :)

greenadvocate said:
I agree, you can get next to perfect results with a simple inline fan/carbon filter (kits off ebay are generally ok) one of those automatic air fresheners outside your grow room for extra protection wont go a miss either.

Nice pics twelve12, pretty funny that you havent told your roomates, probs for the best... they might want a share :)

I use an ozone generator I purchased from eBay. It cost less than $80 with free shipping. I own 2 units. One in the grow area and the other in the living room. It has a built in timer 10 mins on/off.

The unit is very effective. I use the one in the living room for those nights I want to smoke indoors. I have visitors often and no one smells anything but fresh clean air. When the buds are in the final stages, I run both when I have company for extra protection.

For the auto mist I use ONA odor neutralizer for outside. More prevention the better. Thanks greenadvocate. The thing is my roommates is against cannabis after I have supplied them with the facts. So best to keep it to myself, heh.

Wonder if Sh4dy decided on his odor control?

Back
Top Bottom