so confused

richgannon_2001

ok so i have a closet full of plants, back at the start of april i had 1 seed, that plant is roughly 4.5 feet tall now, i now have other strains in the closet as well but my issue is with the big plant i have, this plant had been showing early signs of female for a long time and we had cloned the shit out of it, maybe 50-100 plants up until now, all of a sudden upon inspecting yesterday me n my friend think its a male or a hermaphrodite, my question is this.......what happen when you clone a herrmy plant? will it be a hermy as well or could it turn male or female?? also can cutting the plant too much for clones make it change itds sex or could it be heat stress? im baffled this plant didnt show signs of male or hermy untill recently , my friend thinks its the way he cut the clones from it last time thaty made it grow all different but i dunno, i dont think its heat because its just the start of summer here in souther canada and its starting to get hot and is only gonna get hotter so even tho they are inside its not more than 20 Celcius at the moment and when they are outside its gonna eb hotter than what it is in the apartment.....any ideas would help

Stress will in fact make a plant go herm. The plant wishes to propagate, that is it's ultimate goal, and if you cut too many clones the plant feels attacked and starts forming male parts in addition to female ones in order to furthur it's genetic lineage.

Stress induced hermaphrodism is less likely to make all the clones herm. however, we now know this plant has a likelyhood of showing herm. characteristics. Therefore given the same conditions the clones may turn herm. as well. If the plant is a genetic herm. then most likely all the clones will exhibit the same traits of being herm. as the parent.

thanks RooR.....im keepng my fingers crossed the clones dont go herm cuz there wasnt any hermy or male qualities when we cut them, but those clones are going to be planted in a field in a week so i can only hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom