So, I got a hermie?

edrev

This is a Dark Devil auto, day 38 from seed.

When I noticed some bananas

But it's not on all branches. The top still looks crisp.

I was actually hopping this would happen. I've been giving her 45 min of light in the middle of the night. I've got only one more seed of this strain left, and I really, really loved it! One of the best smelling/tasting strains I've ever tasted.

Well, at first I was going to say, when I read that thread title I feel that twinge like when you zip you're pecker in ur zipper..... then I saw you wanted that!!

Hooray!! ;)

Do you believe the seeds you produce will be likely to hermie as well ?
I'm just curious ?
Cheers n Peace

I'm really not sure, though I would think that because I forced her into hermaphroditing by light-poisoning, I don't think she would be genetically more likely to display the same behavior under optimal growing conditions, so I don't think it is something that could be propagated.

But at this point, I really have no other choice. Where I live, seeds don't come by so easily, and in fact, you can get in a lot of trouble for them. So, I decided to take the few good feminized autos I still have left, and get some seeds; I don't think autos can be cloned huh? :(

The worst thing that could happen is you don't report back.

Good luck

I don't think autos can be cloned huh? :(

AFAIK if you take a clone from a 40 day old auto, the clone is genetically a 40 day old plant. So in short, No, Auto's do not clone particularly well.
The reason I ask is, I produce fem seeds the same way and have done for many years, I do get my share of Hermies every now and then, but am happy to deal with them because it's only for personal use and it's incredibly nice smoke. I have been informed though, that it is not quite the ideal way, ( coloidal silver is a better practice ) but it does produce useful results nonetheless.
Please let us know how your seeds perform, I'd be happy to take on some auto's if I knew I could successfully send one to seed.
Happy growing
Cheers n Peace

Back
Top Bottom