Soil acidifier? How quickly do you think 1 tbls will take to take effect on a 3 gallon pot?

Rickpohiogrows420

So I'm using 3 gallon fabric pots of a mixed organic soil that's reading exactly 7 pH so I used a 1 tbsp of this in a pot how long do you think it'll take to start working and how many points do you think it'll bring it down as anybody use this out there

Attachments

• 15975243654121221465036.jpg
    15975243654121221465036.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 1597524388282615463586.jpg
    1597524388282615463586.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 71
Why are you trying to ruin your soil??? You are not growing orchids, which need an acidic soil, you are growing cannabis... and the perfect soil pH for cannabis is exactly where your soil already is.
Well that's debatable soil 6.2 -6.5 is where I'd like to be I'm currently at 7

It is not debatable... sorry, it is known science. 6.2-6.5 is the pH of the fluids that you need to hit the soil with, and then with its higher base pH it will drift your pH up through the range every time you water. You are showing a complete lack of understanding of this process and why your soil was originally set to 6.8-7.0.
So what does that say about your lack of understanding?

Fine... continue on... I will forget you ever asked for advice. I hope you don't waste several months figuring this out.
So what do you disagree with using gypsum or sulfur to organically lower the soil pH or have you decided your comment was disrespectful and that you didn't answer my initial question??

I have decided that you already think you know everything you need to know and simply want to argue to try to prove that you are not an idiot trying to acidify cannabis soil. Get a few hundred grows in using your method and then come and tell me how much superior it is... for now, ask yourself why no one else is doing what you are doing, or defending you. So, in your mind it is disrespectful to tell you that you don't know something? Got it. I am a very disrespectful woman then.... friendly as I can be... but disrespectful, none the less. Sorry that offends you.... just trying to help.

Fine... continue on... I will forget you ever asked for advice. I hope you don't waste several months figuring this out.
The tamale foru
I have decided that you already think you know everything you need to know and simply want to argue to try to prove that you are not an idiot trying to acidify cannabis soil. Get a few hundred grows in using your method and then come and tell me how much superior it is... for now, ask yourself why no one else is doing what you are doing, or defending you. So, in your mind it is disrespectful to tell you that you don't know something? Got it. I am a very disrespectful woman then.... friendly as I can be... but disrespectful, none the less. Sorry that offends you.... just trying to help.
Your reasoning didn't make since the settings soil pH is different 3 are one pH 7 . 3 are another an 6.2 application of this you have a problem with? Why

The tamale foru

Your reasoning didn't make since the settings soil pH is different 3 are one pH 7 . 3 are another an 6.2 application of this you have a problem with? Why

argue with someone else... ask why it is that 18 people haven't jumped on here to tell you the perfect amount of acidifier to use. Ponder it hard... and try to be more open to the next person who tries to advise you on this.

Adding gypsum and sulfur is an organic method of
argue with someone else... ask why it is that 18 people haven't jumped on here to tell you the perfect amount of acidifier to use. Ponder it hard... and try to be more open to the next person who tries to advise you on this.
I just don't think that you can answer my question the oly mountain contains organic material. Sits at 6.2 pH steadily just like gypsum and sulfur which I'm just trying to add to this other mixed organic soils to bring it down

The critical detail you may be missing is that cannabis does not like to LIVE in acidic soil at all. We pH our water so that the plant can have a full range of pH levels from which to pluck the nutrients it needs from the soil.

My tap water is 8.0, if I water without bringing that down, the nutrients that are only available at say 6.2 will not be able to be picked up by the plant. Then the plant ends up with a deficiency, even tho the food/nutrient is right there waiting to be taken.

Organic sulphur with gypsum is great to lower soil ph and give essential minerals. 6.3-6.7 is where my living soil keeps my ladies happy.

Organic sulphur with gypsum is great to lower soil ph and give essential minerals. 6.3-6.7 is where my living soil keeps my ladies happy.
Living soil should almost not even need to be pH'd because the plant is not fed by the same process as inorganic. Organic soil/grow depends on the microbes and fungus to feed the plant vs. bottled nutrients where the plant needs a specific pH to be able to 'see' certain nutrients outside of the 'salt bonds' they have inside the bottle. (If you wonder why some nutrient lines have tons of bottles, this is the reason - some things don't play nice with other things in the bottle)

Wow ok lol. Look nothing against you, but that answer is extremely inaccurate. Have you worked with a living soil?? Sometimes home blends and even tested pre mix can drift. Cannabis clearly still displays lookout symptoms in the most nutrient rich soils if too alkaline or acidic!!!! So bottom line, till you have experience with this problem give others that do a little more credit. This is the biggest success to growing healthy cannabis!!! PH PH PH!!! Take care there guys. Signing off -

Said know one 😉

Wow ok lol. Look nothing against you, but that answer is extremely inaccurate. Have you worked with a living soil?? Sometimes home blends and even tested pre mix can drift. Cannabis clearly still displays lockout symptoms in the most nutrient rich soils if too alkaline or acidic!!!! So bottom line, till you have experience with this problem give others that do a little more credit. This is the biggest success to growing healthy cannabis!!! PH PH PH!!! Take care there guys. Signing off -

Said know one 😉

Ps. - almost never?? Give the person some credit assuming they’re ruining their soil!!! Lol so dramatic

Back
Top Bottom