Soil cooking

Coreygotwiings

420 Member
My soil came yesterday(ffof and natures living soil) and i have someleft over to mix with. im gonna start fresh out of the bag on my first grow. but i wanna get the rest too cooking in the mean time. i only have about 80-100 bucks left in my budget that im willing to spend. what should i get to make the left over soil really alive. ive got a whole 1.5 cu bag plus little left over from another bag of ff and about 3 pounds of natures living soil. thanks all of u

My soil came yesterday(ffof and natures living soil) and i have someleft over to mix with. im gonna start fresh out of the bag on my first grow. but i wanna get the rest too cooking in the mean time. i only have about 80-100 bucks left in my budget that im willing to spend. what should i get to make the left over soil really alive. ive got a whole 1.5 cu bag plus little left over from another bag of ff and about 3 pounds of natures living soil. thanks all of u
Soil recipes are everywhere. Did you look through the forums sub topics to find any? Or just looking for someone to do all of the work for you. Sorry for being rude but you gave little information to go on and it looks like your basically looking for directions.

Soil recipes are everywhere. Did you look through the forums sub topics to find any? Or just looking for someone to do all of the work for you. Sorry for being rude but you gave little information to go on and it looks like your basically looking for directions.
Its just so much info to take in and to a extant i am looking for directions. This is very new to me, especially organics. the only things ive ever grown were tomatoes outdoors and herbs in my window. i didnt know what mycorrhizae , worm castings or any of this was 3 months ago. but maybe im jumping the gun and need to do more learning and searches b4 i ask

but maybe im jumping the gun and need to do more learning and searches b4 i ask
Not really, it's just that you will gain much more knowledge from reading as many posts and searching out information than you will from having a recipe handed to you. If someone simply says get x,y and z and you're good to go then what have you learned? Nothing really right?
You will find tons of smart, helpful people here and many are very willing to help but all of the good helpers will also require some work to be done on your end.
The thing is, there are many ways to skin a cat and you will have 10 great living soil growers give you 10 different soil recipes and ways to do things.
That said, if you are wanting to grow not just "organic" but true organic by letting microbes do the hard work, that's a great thing but first, understand that just because a grow is so called organic is not at all the same as a living organic Or "LOS" (living organic soil) grow. There are big differences.
Since you want to go LOS I would highly recommend a book to you. This book, once you start reading it will be easy for a beginner to understand and you will have a very hard time putting it down. You will also be awoken very quickly to many things and come away with a bunch of knowledge about real organic growing that you really need.
The book is "True Living Organics second edition". That book is written by "Rev". Its easy to find online, cheap and you will have a great time reading it. I'm not a big reader but couldn't put it down and read it 2.5 times.
Once you read that, you will have a pretty good grasp on what you would like to do and know more of why people suggest certain amendments and not just take their word for it and say okay.
You can also look down in my signature to my TLO grow journal if you would like. Click on that, read it and see if it's up your alley.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom