soil question

KayMarie

new to growing && had a couple more questions...

Whats the best soil to use when growing?
Can the plants be in an open area like on a table in a room or do they need an enclosure?
What size bulb would be needed to grow just 2 plants?

:yummy:

Thanks

&&

Happy Toking

new to growing && had a couple more questions...

Whats the best soil to use when growing?
Can the plants be in an open area like on a table in a room or do they need an enclosure?
What size bulb would be needed to grow just 2 plants?

:yummy:

Thanks

&&

Happy Toking

If you have a hydro shop near you check to see if they have Fox farms ocean Forest, Pro-Mix HP or Sunshine Mix#4

They do not have to be in an enclosure but it helps to surround them in something reflective such as mylar, black/white poly vinyl or flat white paint. This helps redirect light back to the plants that would otherwise miss the plants.

The more light the more dense your buds will be. Are you looking to keep this cheap or are you going to invest in this?

CFL's will grow plants but not the best but are the cheapest

A 400 or 600 watt HID HPS will give you nice dense buds on 1 - 6 plants.

I just went to the hydroponics place today, They told me to buy the Happy Frog and Promix, They say it isnt as hot as the Fox Farm stuff and you get more out of it, plus its a lil cheaper.
I wouldnt just let mine set around, I think they need there own lil place for them selfs.
I was using CFLs and it kept my plants nice and tight during veg stage, had to upgrade tho, got a 400 watt swichable ballast. Definitely notice the difference. I think you pretty much need HPS set up for flowering or your yield wont be that good.
Good luck and keep us posted:) Check out my grow i got going.

^ Good info McBudz and klep420. I definitely agree. I think CFL's do a really great job for veging, but when flowering there's really nothing that beats an HPS or MH bulb. A 400 watt HPS bulb is what I use, and I can say that the results are superior. Fox Farm soil is preferred, but not neccesary. I used organic soil and added perlite to the mix to prevent too much compacting of the soil and improve the drainage.

Ok,ill go check out the hydro store in town.i heard that LED lights are good grow lights and they dont put out alot of heat.i live in the mountains and choppers fly over during harvest and i heard theyre using heat censors now.would LED be a good investment?

I've seen (strong) LEDs work well for plants in veg, but most agree around here that something more powerful is needed for flowering. I haven't seen any grows that used LED for flowering. Anybody know of any?

Ok,ill go check out the hydro store in town.i heard that LED lights are good grow lights and they dont put out alot of heat.i live in the mountains and choppers fly over during harvest and i heard theyre using heat censors now.would LED be a good investment?

If you are worried about FLIR then lower heat lights are a good idea. Such as the procyon 100 or multiple ones. Be Irie has a grow journal with this light be he did not use it for flowering. It is expensive around $575 but getting arrested cost more. They also sell IR blocking material like "Block IR" that claims to block IR up to 97% so you may want to consider something like this. Definitely do your homework and invest in building your grow area appropriately. :peace:

Man i gotta say i feel for you americans..having to worry about damn helicopters flying over using heat seeking technology invading your peoples inner sanctum! Spying into their homes concerned about them growing a weed. A plant that is a incredible life
enhancer and medicine. Land of the free indeed! Oh and I am a Canadian who could get a license to legally grow if i wanted but i say i don't need no government giving me the go to grow. Sorry if this is perhaps not the thread for my speech.paul1791

Back
Top Bottom