Soil

jimbothebimbo

New grower here. Just wondering if my soil test shows pH 6.3, and my macros are in surplus do I need to add any nutes from Floragro when I water?
I mixed coca, peat, happy frog, extra worm castings, and the recommended down to earth 4-4-4 to topsoil, also have used calmag once. Plants seems great after 4 weeks. Had some root bound issues and bad drainage until I mixed my own recipe. What's the advice on soil and nutes? Thanks

The mixture appears in unchartered territory but if your plants seem happy in that PH range as you suggest off 6.3 then I would imagine in my wildest concept of growing you maybe... Ok :bongrip:

PH 6.3 is mildly acidic in horticulture terms for growing in soil where every macro nutrient & all essentially micro nutrients largely available for a prolific array of plant forms including cannabis for growing is just fine.

As for nutrients... I would largely assume in the liquid form once a week... at a learning curve of your own desire bud @jimbothebimbo .... big fuzzy question ?

No comment on root bound issues with out pic's bud ?

Welcome to the group. There are a lot of people who stop and read the msgs. Good chance that more than one of them is growing with similar methods to what you are doing.

Just wondering if my soil test shows pH 6.3, and my macros are in surplus do I need to add any nutes from Floragro when I water?
I mixed coca, peat, happy frog, extra worm castings, and the recommended down to earth 4-4-4 to topsoil, also have used calmag once.
The pH of the water at the time you are using it is important. The pH of a mineral and/or dirt based soil is a lot less important since the water will help to keep everything in balance.

As @Fuzzy Duck mentions, the soil you mixed up is in uncharted territory and we know little about it. Can you give the recipe as to the amounts of each of the ingredients? I am always looking for ideas of ingredients or amounts to try for my soil mix.

Back
Top Bottom