Solid Geometry Of Vegging, GG4

Oldgrowth

Among my 6 ladies, legal in San Diego, are 2 GG4 plants from feminized seeds, one in a 15 gal pot that does not have access to the earth, the other in the ground, both the best sunny locations and treated with organic love. Both GG ladies are nearly, amazingly, spherical. This, and the incredibly dense profusion inspired a volume (final size?) comparison. The potted plant (r=13, v=9203 c in) was less than 1/5th the volume of the plant in ground. Both are gorgeous, thriving and were treated as similarly as possible. (Watering becomes necessarily different as one waters more on a greater periphery than one can if held back by pot size constrictions.) My other plants are land race indices 4-5 ft in height and roughly cone shaped (but too rough for any approximations. Except realize this, that 3 cones are necessary to fill up a single sphere of comparable height. It appears that the more spherical your plant, the better harvest to anticipate.

Lots of big words for a dumbshit like me but I think I understand where you are going. I personally keep math out of my life if possible LMAO. You are kind of right about plant shape. Some will never grow into the monster size of others. So you will never get that short bushy Indica to produce like a hybrid. Other then that genetics and grow style have the most to do with production. Even a short bushy Indica can be veg'd longer to make a bigger plant. Topping and other Technics can make a normally tall sativa into a huge bush as big around as they used to be tall. With extra veg time these can become as tall as they are wide.
As you have seen root growth has everything to do with plant size. "ie" bigger root ball bigger plant.

Plants grow up roots grow down.......LMAO. I understand what you are saying. Not sure how it comes into play with plants. If you look at all those huge plants grow in the legal areas they look pretty much how you said so there may be something to what you say.

Jackalope, I enjoy watching the cannabis grove emerge each Summer out back. Now the plants initially set 5 ft apart come nearly together in a promising mass. But how I wish I could follow the root progression going on down below. In school there was plenty of time spent on photosynthesis, pistils, stamens and such - perhaps because of the analogies to human function - but there was hardly a word spent on the miraculous root and its amazing fungal and micro organism accomplices. It's odten the hidden worlds I an learning that are the most important.

Among my 6 ladies, legal in San Diego, are 2 GG4 plants from feminized seeds, one in a 15 gal pot that does not have access to the earth, the other in the ground, both the best sunny locations and treated with organic love. Both GG ladies are nearly, amazingly, spherical. This, and the incredibly dense profusion inspired a volume (final size?) comparison. The potted plant (r=13, v=9203 c in) was less than 1/5th the volume of the plant in ground. Both are gorgeous, thriving and were treated as similarly as possible. (Watering becomes necessarily different as one waters more on a greater periphery than one can if held back by pot size constrictions.) My other plants are land race indices 4-5 ft in height and roughly cone shaped (but too rough for any approximations. Except realize this, that 3 cones are necessary to fill up a single sphere of comparable height. It appears that the more spherical your plant, the better harvest to anticipate.

Lots of big words for a dumbshit like me but I think I understand where you are going. I personally keep math out of my life if possible LMAO. You are kind of right about plant shape. Some will never grow into the monster size of others. So you will never get that short bushy Indica to produce like a hybrid. Other then that genetics and grow style have the most to do with production. Even a short bushy Indica can be veg'd longer to make a bigger plant. Topping and other Technics can make a normally tall sativa into a huge bush as big around as they used to be tall. With extra veg time these can become as tall as they are wide.
As you have seen root growth has everything to do with plant size. "ie" bigger root ball bigger plant.

I just cut the remaining GG4 and it seems a lot for the 4th largest plant in my plot (dwarfed by 3 Afghan Kush ladies 6-8 ft.) I'll report back on dry weight later. But aside from the expected goo, tho not so much as the Wiz Khalifa, the GG4 was surprisingly brittle compared to other plants I've grown like landrace indica that are really tough and strong. It didn't affect this plant but with more of these on the horizon in 2019 seeds in hand, I'll be ready to support them if I have to.

I just cut the remaining GG4 and it seems a lot for the 4th largest plant in my plot (dwarfed by 3 Afghan Kush ladies 6-8 ft.) I'll report back on dry weight later. But aside from the expected goo, tho not so much as the Wiz Khalifa, the GG4 was surprisingly brittle compared to other plants I've grown like landrace indica that are really tough and strong. It didn't affect this plant but with more of these on the horizon in 2019 seeds in hand, I'll be ready to support them if I have to.
The GG4 lady in ground yielded 1 lb+ (from memory) and the sticky trim was fabulous-1g+ of great kief per oz of trim, yielding edibles and smokables and vapables that were as good as any I can recall. This year I have 3 GG4 plants in ground in San Diego where the soil is nicely warmed by April.

If there's a Heaven for pot plants jackalope, it's like San Diego.
I put 5 plants in their 2019 spaces 3 days ago, then for 3 nights
a gentle shower followed by sunny days. I give the current climate
90% of the credit. I'm becoming increasingly disabled but can still manage
the planting and tending. The view of the lovely ladies out back is as
important to me as their product. It's time to wish them good morning.

I agree. Plants do so much for me other than give me relief and get me high. I can only dream about being able to see them grow outdoors. Especially in a place where the environment didn't limit what you can do. I know the weather I spent of couple years of my life stationed on 32nd street.

The original Haze was bred around there I do believe. Even the great strains of today would pale in comparison to those old outdoor Haze strains. Plus most would never have came to be without them. Along with those new strains you may want to find a good original Haze somewhere.

Not sure who has them because I could never grow them I never really paid attention to Haze's. I am sure there are a lot of people claiming they have it. Most don't. They are old school strains very few people will have anymore. Greenhouse has great Hazes but they are different then the southern California bred Haze's bred before indica showed up. DNA's Cannalope Haze or Chocolope might be good options if you can't find one. Also check out Crockett Family Farms for old school cali sativa genetics.

TY jackalope, I love learning about history and cannabis. Secret grows are a part of my personal history that I no longer do. I plan to grow at least one "landrace" plant each year, in 2019 Afghan Kush. They are at least closer to their origins than many of the local strains, are large and a lovely darkish hue. They also seem impervious to the local bugs, and robust unlike the Gorilla Glue 4 ladies pushing up. BTW do you have some notions about addressing brittleness in your plants?

Go Navy!

If there's a Heaven for pot plants jackalope, it's like San Diego.
I put 5 plants in their 2019 spaces 3 days ago, then for 3 nights
a gentle shower followed by sunny days. I give the current climate
90% of the credit. I'm becoming increasingly disabled but can still manage
the planting and tending. The view of the lovely ladies out back is as
important to me as their product. It's time to wish them good morning.
Grow on, @Oldgrowth Grow on!

Back
Top Bottom