Some plants got mold on them. How to cure / eliminate?

RandyL

I have 5 Bubba plants in my veg room that are being used as mother plants. I recently cut a bunch of clones and put them in humidity domes in the same room.

After a couple days I turned off the fan in the room because the clones were drying out way too fast even with the vents in the domes closed.

3 weeks later, I turneds around the mother plants and saw white mold patches on some leaves!

Can I just cut off the leaves with mold and be ok? Can it spread to other clones in the room even now that I put the fan back in there?

Yes, mold releases spores, so figure all the plants are infected.

Google 'DIY Sulfur Burner', that is about the only thing to positively kill PM or mold.

DIY is ~$10. A cheap one is ~$100. Both are made from soup cans and a floodlight.

DD

It's actually the powdery mildew, not mold.

I pulled a bunch of leaves off the mother plants that had white mold patches on them, but I looked today and I'm seeing more white spots on leaves of plants that never had it before!

Damn mold!!! If it's not spider mites it's this shit!!!!!

After calling a few hydroponic stores and a garden center, I went and picked up a bottle of Daconil fungicide for $10. It's a thick, heavy oil. It specifies that it kills powdery mildew, among many other things. I moved 2 mother plants and a 3 week old clone into my bathtub and sprayed them down good. The stuff comes out of the spray bottle as a single thick stream, not a misty spray, so it takes a lot of aiming and short pumps.

I'll let this stuff dry on them and see what happens today, if nothing looks like it is going to die I'll spray down all the rest.

As far as I can tell, the Daconil seems to have worked. No negative effects on the plants. I flooded the leaves pretty good with the stuff and let the plants sit in my bathtub with the light on all day until the oil dried up.

There's white streaks from stuff running off, but nothing that looks like new spots, so I hope it is fixed.

And I'm keeping the fan running and blowing air past the plants all the time now too!

PM lives inside the plant, it cant be eliminated from a growing plant or clone. it can be controlled, but only way to eliminate it, is to scrub room with bleach and start from seed or known PM free clones/moms.

Back
Top Bottom