Some questions about seedlings/seedling stage

mgjscdhl

I'm getting ready for a grow. I already tried one as a clone but
there are new questions and some things I hadn't done with the
clone vs. seeds.

First, when do I start adjusting ph? I've heard posts, and peticularly
some videos/guides saying they used distilled water for popping the seeds.
But how long after that can I start adjusting ph? Both well water, and distilled (in
my experience have had ph of around 8.3-8.5ph. -- my thoughts were every 2nd watering to drop
the ph by around 0.5ph until its to the desired amount.

Is it ok to water more often if I'm using a heating pad? I have a controlable heating pad
for the propogation tray. Most places have said the soil needed to be a few degrees warmer
than surrounding air.. so will that dry out the peat faster and require more water?

Should I be strict on feeding schedule (eg. no ferts for several weeks) or can I give it a minimal
feed if leaves show some yellow?

Thanks for the help. I know I can start soon if I understand just a little more about this.

mgjschdl

You can adjust your ph right off the bat. If you have a cover on your prop. tray you shouldn't have to water more, it should hold the moister in. You want the humidity high, even some water droplets.

so that won't shock the plant? or maybee step down the water gradually? ph8.0->7.5->

it does hold it in ok but its not perfect. I have a small humidifier in there so its all completely changeable.

I was wondering about seedling stage. More about lighting. I am using part of a closet so I don't have alot of space. One of the solutions I saw was a direct wiring 15w t8 fluorescent light. I'm not entirely sure of the color range/spectrum (its not printed anywhere) but if I replaced the bulb with proper spectrum light is that enough wattage? The space provides for upto 18-19" without re-arranging anything.

thanks for posting, and the help

Back
Top Bottom