Help - Plant from seed & Clones having spots - new grower

growerchic

Hi all,

I am new to growing and am honestly going at it blindly. I have read these forums a lot, looked at youtube, etc, so I have a very general understanding of the basics, but I have hit a little snag. I have a hyrdroponics setup (maybe aeroponics, not sure of the difference) for my clones (12 of them) and I also have a smaller hydroponic setup for a seed that I have grown. They are all under a fluorescent light maybe 3 inches away. The seedling is up pretty high now and has looked really good and several of my clones are starting to root, however, I have noticed that they have gotten little spots on them. I thought at first that maybe that was natural for the clones since they were cut and going through rooting because overall they seemed healthy, but today I noticed my seedling has gotten them. I looked through the guide in the growers forum and to me it looks like it could be a couple of things, such as PH, calcium, or magnesium. I am attaching a pic of the seedling and hoping that some one can help me out with what the issue is and the best solution to fix it. I really don't want to lose my first plant and first batch of clones :(

plant85.JPG

Also, just another quick question, do I need to change the water in the stations, and if so, how often? For the clones I am using clonex nutrients with distilled water ph was initially at 6.0. Haven't checked it though, assuming I should. Stupid of me but I didn't think it would change without adding anything else. The seedling is same except it has cannistart nutrients. Once they are all bigger and ready I plan to move to coco soil.

Thanks in advance for helping!
lena

re: Help - Plant from seed & Clones having spots - new grower

how long have they been in there?
i put a small amount of organic fert/nute in the system i use 1/40th . diy bucket areator.
here is a pic of the diy bucket.less then 30$.

DSC0024111.JPG
DSC002427.JPG
DSC0024412.JPG
DSC002465.JPG
DSC0024710.JPG

if they have roots you can move them now to the main system use your nutes at 1/20th and bring up slowly over the next 10 days to 2 weeks. you will see them get better. clones use leaf for nutes they need and once roots are growing they can be transplanted into main system. your plant looks fine. and by the look it most likely has small roots already.

Let me clarify, the clones are growing in a clone machine, I think I may have a picture I can upload. They have been in there about 2 weeks. From what I have heard, the roots need to be a few inches before moving to soil.

The seedling is in its own machine which is supposed to be able to sustain it until it is about a foot tall. That can be seen in the first pic I uploaded in the original post. It has been growing for about 2 weeks also (germinated in water for about 2 days prior).

I am checking and going to balance PH today, but not sure if that is all it will take to fix the problem or if I need to do anything else after that. Temp in room is roughly 75F.

plants39.jpg

Those spots look like a Ca issue to me. You said you're using distilled water that is ph 6, but it could still be a ph issue. When you measured the 6.0, was that the water before you used it, or is that the ph of the reservoir solution? If the ph is wrong, it can lockout Ca and Mg. I'm not familiar with the nutes you're using, but I suspect they would benefit from supplementing the CA and Mg.

The plants look pretty healthy though, so the deficiency must not be too severe yet. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom