Help with seedlings

infantry0303

I have some seedlings that are almost 2 weeks old and the stalk does not seem strong enough to hold the plant up. The top has 6 small leafs on it but is almost starting to bend in a U. The plant is the Widow Bomb should I stake it or let it be? The plants are in Miricale grow potting soil temp is 78 in the grow room with 18 hours of light and 6 hours of total dark.
Thanks for any and all help

U CAN leave them be. I'd take some straws cut to length and slit them lengthwise and wrap around the stock. If ur plants are stretching its cause they need more light /closer light source.

Miracle grow can produce great stuff but it oftener tends.to work against newer growers. You may try finding a better soil to transplant into when they're ready to be

You could but you should provide some kind of stability for it regardless.
Check out the FAQ section of the forum there's a lot of great threads to help get u started

Miracle grow can produce great stuff but it oftener tends.to work against newer growers. You may try finding a better soil to transplant into when they're ready to be

This problem has nothing to do with Miracle Grow.

Only support it if its actually touching the ground, or obviously needs a little crutch. It should develop strength in its stem by moving in the wind, and being free.

A picture would help, if your not sure how to upload pictures heres a link that may help

I made a little u shaped crutch out of a pipe cleaner and stuck it in the ground so it had something to lean on. I also put a small fan in the grow room to give them a little wind and help move the air.

That works. Hope they grow like hell for ya!

I hope so also Leester!!! I got medically retired out of the Army and have the normal PTSD crap plus injury's from the war. I was sick of the pills and my kidneys were shutting down due the meds. I started using cannabis instead works alot better!! Kidney function went up figured this is a win win for me. Now the problem I have were I live it is still not legal!!!!!!!!! Don't really want to go buy from someone I don't really know and don't know what I am getting. So I figure start growing and ordered seeds now just have to wait for them to grow so I can harvest. Just hate that now I have to keep taking the damn pills till I can harvest some good bud.

I hope so also Leester!!! I got medically retired out of the Army and have the normal PTSD crap plus injury's from the war. I was sick of the pills and my kidneys were shutting down due the meds. I started using cannabis instead works alot better!! Kidney function went up figured this is a win win for me. Now the problem I have were I live it is still not legal!!!!!!!!! Don't really want to go buy from someone I don't really know and don't know what I am getting. So I figure start growing and ordered seeds now just have to wait for them to grow so I can harvest. Just hate that now I have to keep taking the damn pills till I can harvest some good bud.

Thank you for your service. I hope that cannabis in itself melts away your PTSD, and that it helps you with your physical ailments.
There are many wonderful, friendly people on this site who are willing to help you get the medicine you need by growing it yourself. Sometimes there is no greater satisfaction than to see such a beautiful plant grow up into a therapeutic medicine.
I am more than willing to aid you in your journey, you should consider making a grow journal so we can all sit around the table and help you out.

Here is a list of links compiled to get you started:
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

How to Make a Grow Journal

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

All the best mate!

This problem has nothing to do with Miracle Grow.

Only support it if its actually touching the ground, or obviously needs a little crutch. It should develop strength in its stem by moving in the wind, and being free.

A picture would help, if your not sure how to upload pictures heres a link that may help
I wasn't implying it was. Sorry if that read funny. Just giving him a heads up.

Thank you for your service. If we can ever do anything to help repay our debt for your sacrifices please let us know.
And listen to leester, he knows his shit ;)

First I would like to say thank you very much. I am one that feels there is no need to thank me for my service in the Army. I elected to do that job like a Doctor picks that or a Lawyer, Mechanic, Carpenter. I picked my path, loved my job and would not change it for anything. There were bad times as there is in life and any other job.Yes I did get shot in Iraq twice, I did get blown up by 8 roadside bombs. There were the best times also like saving someone's life, when you see first hand the positive impact you make on other people (where you see Iraqi kids willing to jump on a bomb in order to save a US Soldiers life) For all these reasons I wish I was still in the Army doing my job. For this is why I AM A INFANTRY SOLDIER AIR ASSAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am loving the whole learning and growing I think it is helping alot because it is keeping my mind busy. Just wish I had some ready NOW...LOL.. I fell into this site by accident by doing google search for questions. I am so glad I did!!!!!! This has such a wealth of knowledge and there are so many people willing to answer my questions and bare with me since I am new to this. I will try to get some pics on here so you can see what I got going on.

Humble to boot :)
Thank u Nonetheless
Looking forward to the pics. I'm with leester. Get a journal started and link us in.

Thanks! For the 2 plants I have going in my journal I'm currently employing a method known as "Low Stress Training" where you tie down branches in order for the lower shoots to receive more light, and open up more bud-sites in the future. A link that has a nice picture, and instructions is here: LST How to do

Basically it maximizes the amount of space being used, increases yield, and it limits the size of the plant vertically.
"Topping" or taking off the top node growth, and forcing the plant to grow lower branches is also a common method to limiting size, and increasing yield.

Defoliations are also done, but only with extremely healthy plants, and with semi-experienced gardeners.

Here is the great crutch I made out of a pipe cleaner for it to have something to lean on
DSC_04062.JPG

Back
Top Bottom