Managing my clones and seedlings

candygrower

I have a humidity dome set up with some northern lights seedlings along with some cotton candy kush clones(taken from full flowering mother). I have a cfl light on a 24 hour cycle with a heating pad underneath to support root growth. Will cutting the light for three hours promote better root growth or should i keep them on a 24 hour re vegg?? any information will be a great help:thanks:

candygrower said:
I have a humidity dome set up with some northern lights seedlings along with some cotton candy kush clones(taken from full flowering mother). I have a cfl light on a 24 hour cycle with a heating pad underneath to support root growth. Will cutting the light for three hours promote better root growth or should i keep them on a 24 hour re vegg?? any information will be a great help:thanks:

You're going to have a tough time getting cuttings to root if they were taken from a plant in full flower. Root development is all but shut down during flowering. This is why the bulk of vertical growth also stops after a brief stretching period.

If you are doing this in a cloner then double your estimated end point. If you are doing this in Rockwool, then you have about a 30% chance of success.

Always best to clone from a vegging mother plant.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Trim/remove ALL the bud/flowering material to encourage re-veg. You do need to leave some leaves on the clone. Leave the light on 24 to help out. Good luck.

Flowering clones taken 6 weeks into 12/12, the plant will be done in a few weeks... 8 clones taken, 8 clones rooted.... I have never had a big problem with cloning flowering plants, and it is usually 90-100% success rate.... Miwa, how did that flowering bagseed turn out?

DSC039491.JPG

DSC039502.JPG

:peace:

Nah, I just treat them like all my clones, heat mat, high humidity, and 2-3 foliars a day.... the only thing added to clone watering's is Nitrozime and kelp in very low doses.... I won't do any trimming or anything to them until they get into soil and start showing me new growth, then I will start working on her.....

Flowering clones taken 6 weeks into 12/12, the plant will be done in a few weeks... 8 clones taken, 8 clones rooted.... I have never had a big problem with cloning flowering plants, and it is usually 90-100% success rate.... Miwa, how did that flowering bagseed turn out?

DSC039491.JPG

DSC039502.JPG

:peace:

I was just going to comment that your soil there is the reason you are successful. I had one look and was like YEAH, that soil looks great.

Good Going.

Back
Top Bottom