Someone please help me with this lighting!

green7

This is my first grow and im trying to figure out if I should go with a 600 watt or 2-400 watts. which one would produce more plants and which one is more safe to operate in a residental home. Im trying to get as much plants as possible but at the same time be safe. Need advice, growing in a spacious 2 bedroom attic but have neihbors on the first and second floor. The grow space is 12feet in length and 12feet in width. From the floor to the ceiling its 7 feet.:icon_cool

If you need to light the entire 12 by 12 area, I'd be thinking of using 2 1000 watt lights at the least, or preferably 4 600 watt lights. That's a big area to light! I'm lighting a 7.5 foot by 8.5 area with a 1000 watt HPS and a 400 watt HPS and it's good but I should've made the 400 a 600.

Check for sounds, light leaks, anything that would tip off the neighbors. Especially in the middle of the night when everything should be quiet, make sure sound, vibrations and such do not tip anyone off.

I'll say what I did before. Make certain you understand the circuits you plan to plug your equipment into. A 1,000watt HPS lamp will use approx 9amps on 120v circuit (or approx 4.5amps if running on 240v) and if you use multiple lights, fans, etc, you will need more than one circuit. Most residential circuits are 120v on either a 15amp or 20amp breaker. Look at your panel and try and understand what circuits are in the area you plan to use or if you can't, ask an electrician to help you understand what you have.

Be sure to understand your electrical situation and if it's even capable of doing what you plan before you spend a bunch of money on equipment or even worse, catch something on fire.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom