Sourcing particular breeds

smoke99

I'm currently looking for a few strains that seed banks that I have dealt with simply don't offer
did you know there are at LEAST 3 strains of Bruce Banner? yeah me neither and I cannot find any of them
in the places I have dealt with in the past
not looking for a million shit posts about buy my seed etc
but what are the reputable seed banks you have dealt with
especially for the weird or off the wall strains nobody has
I've used a few over the years, and all delivered ok, but the selection isn't what I want.

Odd i49 didn't list any Bruce banner when I searched them but who knows
Thanks for the input though, not sure why I get lost in tangents after a particular seed with the backlog I have already but that's just me always looking ahead

If the breeder/seller didn't have the original then they fake it. And since most "breeders" these days sell F1 or F2 that is still the stage where you get a lot of variation still. That is often why your "dogbreath" doesn't grow and finish like so and so's "dogbreath".

In the old days, real breeders grew generation after generation constantly improving on the way. A while ago I was happy to have a conversation with the breeder of Cherry Bomb, the erroneously reported deceased Mr. Greengenes. He told me that in 1978 he had bred and refined the strain 14 generations. You probably cannot buy those seeds. But I will tell you they ALWAYS breed true.

What I was saying is the "breeders" today are really pollen chuckers. An F1 or 2 or 3 are just beginnings; they are not stable enough to be sold. But that's what you guys want so there are lots of people who will sell you that.

Back
Top Bottom