space saving grow room idea

good morning from western canada. nivek here. wondering if i might get some feedback on a grow room idea i am currently planning.

first off, i am a rookie grower, old time smoker, maybe tasting and smoking 'real' pot for the first time in my life, thanks to a plant i grew in my okanagan garden last summer. that experience peaked an interest in indoor growing and i am now just harvesting my first indoor plant from a clone taken from that outdoor plant. i am 100% a DIY guy and my indoor grow room is evolving slowly into what i think i want and need for the type of growing i will be doing.

and that type of growing is almost 'micro' growing,, sog, supper cropping and low stress training all resulting in small'ish' low'ish' plants, no more than 2 feet high from pot bottom to plant top when put to flower.

my grow room is 3 feet by 10 feet split in two with the veg side and flower side near equal size. flower side is sealed and light proof'ish'.

i am now getting to my question. i realize that the veg side is only working with babies and younguns and need not be as big a space as the flower side but my two rooms are the same size, so,,, i want to split my flower room into two 'levels' both being approx 4 feet high. the small size should make managing ventilation and lighting (strictly cfl's)and watering etc relatively possible and do-able. (theory only).

i am thinking four feet of height should be enough to grow the plants the way i am thinking,, but i have never seen this idea talked about in all the research i have done so far and i am not sure why. perhaps there is some logistical reason this idea might not work. the small size, approx 3 feet by 3 feet is what makes me think i can make this work.

if you have read this far i thank you muchly and appreciate any feedback you might have.

btw. i just cloned the fifth generation from that single outdoor okanagan garden plant so have only worked with that one, unknown strain so far, but, exciting, new (though incredibly overpriced), known eggs on the way.

:peace: thanks for your precious time,, cheers, nivek

Hey Nivek. Still thinking about dividing? The lighted area in my veg area is about 3 1/2' by 4'. So half the lit area of flower. And 7 1/2' high which is way more than I need. I put a shelf in the veg room at about 4 feet up from the ground to divide it. The upper shelf could be another grow area and that's what I originally planned, but turns out I don't need that much veg area to stock the flower room, so just store stuff up there. If you had a good system for holding and draining the water, and are a careful guy of course it could be done. I just never like the idea of having water above electricity. If you do then please post some pics ok?

weas,, please check out my journal. I am documenting all of the construction. it is coming along nicely. 420members so helpful with ideas,, cheers weas, niv

indeed. real attempt anyway. I'm not a youngun, so i have had a pot plant in my house before, but it never went to flower. first time intentionally trying. like I said in my journal, this is science and i love science. but not to get too cocky, I have plenty of time for disasters and will have em. the idea for the two levels is mine but the info on how to grow is plain research, most of it right here. k.I.s.s., less is more and all that. I have a beginning system that seems to be working, so i don't change it, least very slowly. chat soon blaccy, cheers

Your heading in the right direction. Keep doing what your doing and you will have a few problems but no disasters. Good thing about cfls though are disasters mean dead plants, as opposed to a burnt down house.

Back
Top Bottom