Sphagnum Peat Moss Discussion

I've recently been made aware of a potential downside to using peat moss in our soil. The downside is one of environmental issues rather then peat moss not working (because obviously it works great).

Here is an article which seems overall neutral: The truth about peat moss - The Ecologist

I am personally still doing more research into this before I pick a side. What do you guys think? Are these valid points? Is it bullshit?

So far I'm leaning to these being valid points however I always take time to let my mind ponder both perspectives before I make a final decision.

I have not seen any negatives using Peat Moss, it helps buffer PH when your water is a bit alkaline.

Hi Roots :ciao:

We know peat moss works well :)

The question is its sustainability and environmental impact :thumb:

I've recently been made aware of a potential downside to using peat moss in our soil.

The downside is one of environmental issues rather then peat moss not working

(because obviously it works great).

Here is an article which seems overall neutral: The truth about peat moss - The Ecologist

I am personally still doing more research into this before I pick a side. What do you guys think? Are these valid points? Is it bullshit?

So far I'm leaning to these being valid points however I always take time to let my mind ponder both perspectives before I make a final decision.

Natural Life is obviously a leftist publication. They lost me when they came up with the stores carbon dioxide and helps protects the planet from the release of a "potent greenhous gas" which affects climate change. First prove it. Co2 is a greenhouse gas, not because it retains heat but because plants thrive with the proper application of it. A clear colorless gas does not retain heat. Greenhouses retain heat because they trap heat created by light. The incredible level of moron worship in this country amazes me.

Back
Top Bottom