Spider mites 2 weeks from harvest

keith1975

I literally just saw it now. I noticed the buds looked great, but smelled a bit off. Some were great, but not this one specific plant. I'll send pics in a bit, but with two weeks from harvest, break it to me easy:

1. Can I salvage this plant or is it time to chuck it?
2. I've got an insecticide and neem oil. Will post exactly what I have in a sec, but any advice on how to act fast, please let me know!

(from a very sad first time grower...)

p.s. I know this has probably got to do with my humidity etc...

Okay, I only have bioneem. What can I do until tomorrow to keep things ok. So far I've only seen a few of them and one web. Do I spray the colas and everything with water mixed with a bit of dishwashing liquid? Please let me know asap! feels like every minute I wait, I'm losing part of my plant. The fact that the one cola "smells" wet, has me seriously worried about it. I'm going to bet it's rotten on the inside.

Anyway! Please help!!

Yo if you spray em down with anything now this late in flower you're gonna get either mold and bud rot from water or contaminate ya buds and have nasty neem oil tasting bud cuz. You got pics of what the actual problem is? It may not be spider mites could be a slight case of budrot if its stinky. We need pics famalam!

Yeah, I used fairly high pressure n thoroughly sprayed the whole plant, colas n all. Even after harvest you can hold plant upside down n give a good wash just to make sure you don't have any left on there while drying. I sprayed twice a week til harvest n by the end I had no mites n notice no side effects to final product spraying .
Really? Oh ok. I woulda though that was a hotbed for rot

If you have piss poor ventilation and no air circulating it could be but with proper grow environment there shouldn't be a issue. I did re read the initial post and some pics would be benificial. If your experiencing bud rot there's some other issue that needs addressed.
That is true but its tempting fate more than i dare lol. Yer pics are definitely needed though before measures are taken cuz

That is true but its tempting fate more than i dare lol. Yer pics are definitely needed though before measures are taken cuz

Very understandable concern! But I'd rather spray with water than adding any insecticides, soap, denatured alcohol.....but yes if buds a smelling funny we need pics!
Also bilbo, thanks for actually conversing with me. Been a few times on 420 where people don't agree n they get nasty n belittle each other. Conversation in a decent polite way is always most construtive. I'm here to learn as well!

Yo if you spray em down with anything now this late in flower you're gonna get either mold and bud rot from water or contaminate ya buds and have nasty neem oil tasting bud cuz. You got pics of what the actual problem is? It may not be spider mites could be a slight case of budrot if its stinky. We need pics famalam!

Its def spider mites. Even so a web in my most prized cola. And they are on 6 of 7 plants. 4 are flowering autoflowers. I hosed these down real good with the hose. Then i took a sprayer with a bit of dishwashing liquid and tried to spray everywhere except on the buds.

I also have 3 photoperiod that should start flowering soon, but havent yet. For them i used neem. I sprayed them real good.

I feel part of this problem came after we had 27 hours without power. I think that gave everyting a chance to breed like mad.

My bigger concern is the cola already smelling a bit off. How do i know its rotting?
Is the smell a dead give away? Does that mean there are mites living in the cola? Should i chop it off?

Very very very bleak :,(

If you have piss poor ventilation and no air circulating it could be but with proper grow environment there shouldn't be a issue. I did re read the initial post and some pics would be benificial. If your experiencing bud rot there's some other issue that needs addressed.

Im sure its my humidity. Ive been struggling with it for weeks. Was doing okay for a while, then it rained, now its super high again. Even higher now after spraying the plants. Its night time here, so i’ll check how bad things are in the morning. And i’ll add some pics. The bud looks beautiful and healthy and BIG! bit if i smell it up close it smells off. Whereas the other buds are starting to smell like the bud im used to.

Im not sure if i have bud rot. Might be. But the smell makes me think so. Would it the be in all buds, or just the smelly one?

And yes, the issues are:
- struggling with humidity
- 27 hour power outage
- general unclean rooM

The last point is why i cleaned the whole place today. There was a part i didnt initially clean and now i did. Disinfected wherever i can. Did everything i was supposed to do in the start. But still not sure if this is going to solve my overall environment issue.

You will know rot when you see it. It’s shit colored and stands out like mold on cheese. Never noticed smell before.

For the plant that two weeks to finish, I’d just spray w clean water, and use a napkin to wipe off webbing. At harvest, use Doc Buds method for bud washing and be done with it.

Bud Washing

Now for the shittier news, mites will be a constant fight for all your grow spaces now. A constant treatment plan or complete sterilization of space is required to really change that. Those MoFos don’t stop unless you kill them all and they get on clothes, everything. Hate em! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom