Spots on plants

Jscott8886

420 Member
Hello All,

I recently planted some seeds and a few plants in the crop are developing these weird spots. I have the plants in soil called “recipe 420”. I use spring water bought from the store. I use the the sensi grow A+B with rootamentary and sea green additives. The plants are 4+ weeks old from seed. The plants look great other than those spots. This is my third try, first try I didn’t set up my room to have enough air flow so that turned out poorly. The second try turned out to be all males so I’m hoping third times a charm. Any guesses at what’s going on are any tips to grow a beautiful plant are welcome. Thanks in advance.

thi
17BF6050-1A26-4536-A034-365D51B250FA.jpeg

Is it E. B. Stone Recipe 420 soil? If it is, it should be a decent soil mix for your needs. Most likely it would not be the cause. I don't know if posting a link to the soil is against message board rules but I found it by doing a search for:
recipe 420 soil
It is made by a 100 plus year old soil and fertilizer company in California. Looks like they use a recipe that is an offshoot of Coots and several other popular mixes.

I don't believe in splash droplets causing burns on leaves even though it is something the growing hobby people have been saying for over 70 years now.

From first appearance it looks like some insect is nibbling on the leaves. Follow the usual advice on how to look for insects, especially any very, very small ones.

Yes that is the soil I use. I’m in Cali and its produced not too far from where I live.

In my last grow, which was all male, I did accidentally splash some leaves with nutes and saw the damage from that first hand so I know that’s real but I’m not sure this is that. I’ll read up on checking for insects. Hopefully it’s not that though lol

Yes that is the soil I use. I’m in Cali and its produced not too far from where I live.

In my last grow, which was all male, I did accidentally splash some leaves with nutes and saw the damage from that first hand so I know that’s real but I’m not sure this is that. I’ll read up on checking for insects. Hopefully it’s not that though lol
Splashing with nutrient rich water is one thing. The salts can cause minor burns and most of the time the marks look round, like a water droplet. The splash burn that I do not believe in are those that are plain water drops on the leaves from a watering session and the lights somehow burn the leaves.

I’ll read up on checking for insects. Hopefully it’s not that though lol
I look at it this way. If it is insects then the problem is on the way towards being solved.;)

Have a great day.

Update: so I’ve been treating my plants with an alcohol water mix and have been checking them. All seemed fine till today when one plant had a newly grown leaf what looked to be eaten as well as some thing hanging from a leaf by an invisible thread. No idea what to do or even where to look for answers, a point in the right direction would be great

Attachments

• DEEDF48D-F36E-4028-BBE7-30787DCD3BFB.jpeg
    DEEDF48D-F36E-4028-BBE7-30787DCD3BFB.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 0543F07D-337B-432D-AA96-4B631EC450C7.jpeg
    0543F07D-337B-432D-AA96-4B631EC450C7.jpeg
    450.4 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom