started my first grow

tartan haggis

hi there 420.

just started my first

i germinated 8 seeds last week.

at the moment thay are in my grow tent under a 250w cfl blue spec.

and i was just thinkin is a 600w hps light ok to flower 8 plants or will i need a bigger light?

:thanks::peace:

depends on how long you veg them, and how much space they will take up when they mature. what size is your grow tent? i think you could easily do a 4x4 grow tent w/ a 600w HPS. using the tent will really maximize all of the light, but you might not want to have too many plants so you can keep the light closer and those lumens higher!!

You will be fine with good ventilation. I have a 1000HPS in a tent that is 53"x53"x72"

are there any special features to any of those? i just bought one off ebay that's 4x2x7, and i can't wait to get it. it doesn't have a cool name like either of yours, but the description was pretty sweet and it seemed like a great deal after shopping around. it has the silver lining on the inside instead of the white PVC stuff. they made out like that was a big deal b/c the inside of the tent gets hot and there's fumes. it has all the usual vents at the bottom w/ intake flanges, and exhause holes on the ceiling part and right next to it on the side wall. i might have gotten slightly off track, just wondering what style your guys' is and if it does some cool trick like moving the lights side to side?

are there any special features to any of those? i just bought one off ebay that's 4x2x7, and i can't wait to get it. it doesn't have a cool name like either of yours, but the description was pretty sweet and it seemed like a great deal after shopping around. it has the silver lining on the inside instead of the white PVC stuff. they made out like that was a big deal b/c the inside of the tent gets hot and there's fumes. it has all the usual vents at the bottom w/ intake flanges, and exhause holes on the ceiling part and right next to it on the side wall. i might have gotten slightly off track, just wondering what style your guys' is and if it does some cool trick like moving the lights side to side?

Mine is one of the best makes, but its one of the cheaper models. It has 2 mesh holes for ventalation. 2 holes for intake and exhaust fumes. A hole for wires. The inside is made out of silver reflective matrial. There are 2 metal bars at the top to hang your lighting. And its completely light proof with no leaks. Hope that helps.

Hey there Tartan Haggis, Yes a 600wHPS will be ok in that space with 8 females, may get a little crowded but controlable.
Soil or Hydro grow?
What type of ventilation is there? Inlines exhaust and intake? 4 or 6"?
Any pics?

Back
Top Bottom