starting my first grow

hi.starting my first grow. is a 400w hps ok for flowering 6 plants or will i need more light

It will work but I recommend getting another light. As they bush out you will have to move the light further away to get all the plants in the light which will decrease the intensity of the light at the canopy. I like to keep the light as close as possible without burning the plants so I have to cluster 3-4 plants under a single light. to keep it as close as possible.

hi.starting my first grow. is a 400w hps ok for flowering 6 plants or will i need more light

you can grow 6 plants with this no problem. mcbudz knows what he's talking about, but he has probably designed his setup to what works for him or what he needs. you can use the 400w, but try and maximize the yield by making some type of box or tent, or wrapping the walls with mylar.

i wouldn't try more than 6 b/c if you do too many, you're gonna be pissed when you have to get rid of some to make room. the more cluttered it is, can lead to airflow problems amongst other issues.

You could absolutely grow 6 plants under a 400W lamp, both MH and HPS would do fine. Depending on if you plan on a Sea of Green or larger plants will determine how many plants you can fit under the light. I am dabbling with a perpetual SOG and it works great for a smoker that likes a variety of herbs ;) like me :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom