Starting from 12/12

AdamAdm

Hello fellow growers I have some girls who are due to come down in about a fortnight. I was wondering if I could plant my next lot of beans and get them in just now to germinate whilst still in 12/12, and then flip them to 18/6 for vegging after I chop my current girls? It makes sense to me in terms of saving a couple of weeks. Will this possibly stress them out? If anyone has any experience and information on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers guys/ladies

Hello fellow growers I have some girls who are due to come down in about a fortnight. I was wondering if I could plant my next lot of beans and get them in just now to germinate whilst still in 12/12, and then flip them to 18/6 for vegging after I chop my current girls? It makes sense to me in terms of saving a couple of weeks. Will this possibly stress them out? If anyone has any experience and information on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers guys/ladies
Pop those beans My friend. A window ledge or a t5 flaurcent bulb is all you need for the next couple weeks till you harvest.
Bill

Not sure of final outcome but yes that will add stress. If you start 12/12 they will try to develop flowering hormones then get the rug jerked out from under them going up to 18/6. You could use a single cfl to avoid this
Thanks for your advice mate, much appreciated

Pop those beans My friend. A window ledge or a t5 flaurcent bulb is all you need for the next couple weeks till you harvest.
Bill
Will leaving them on the window ledge not cause them to become very lanky as they hunt for the light?

Will leaving them on the window ledge not cause them to become very lanky as they hunt for the light?
It shouldn't, we been doing it for years.
You can always repot a little deeper when needed.
Or a t5.
Bill

If it’s less than 3 weeks between planting 12/12 and then moving to 18/6, you’ll be absolutely fine. Typically, indica leaning plants will flower at 4-6 weeks from seed at 12/12 (a little quicker than when you can expect to see preflowers).
Thank you!!! I've been desperate to hear that haha. Back in they go, happy days.

Thank you!!! I've been desperate to hear that haha. Back in they go, happy days.

20210409_075652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom