State Police, Feds Seize 300 lbs of Pot; Waterbury Businessman Arrested

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
State and federal law enforcement officials seized more than 300 pounds of marijuana Wednesday in Waterbury and arrested a city businessman accused of distributing the drug, the state Department of Public Safety said.

The State Police Statewide Narcotics Task Force, working with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration, said they were investigating reports that a Waterbury commercial delivery service was involved in distributing narcotics..

A large amount of marijuana, concealed inside a shipment of auto body parts, was delivered Wednesday to U II Automotive Parts and Service at 31-33 Homer St., officials said. State police said the delivery was accepted by Alan Schiavo, the owner of U II Automotive.

State Police Narcotics detectives obtained a warrant to search the parts shipment for the illegal drugs, and found nearly 300 pounds of marijuana packaged for wholesale delivery, officials said. Officials estimated the street value of the marijuana at $800,000.

Schiavo, 48, of Dogwood Drive in Prospect, was arrested by state police and transported to Troop A in Southbury, where he was processed and released in lieu of $5,000 bond.

Schiavo is charged with possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of marijuana within 1,500 feet of a school zone, and possession of marijuana with intent to sell within 1,500 feet of a school zone.

He is scheduled to appear in Waterbury Superior Court on Jan. 19.

State police said their investigation continues.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: rep-am.com
Author: REPUBLICAN-AMERICAN STAFF
Copyright: 2010 REPUBLICAN AMERICAN
Website: State Police, Feds seize 300 lbs of pot; Waterbury businessman arrested The Republican-American

Is this in CT? I havent heard anything about this but all the towns mentioned sound like CT.... Can anyone verify this?

Also, released in lieu of $5000 bond......riiiiiiighhhhtttt....... My man ratted out who ever he was working with I can tell you that..... $800,000 worth of dope. I got arressted for something worth about $38,000.00 and my bond was over $100k with no prior record and being a minor at the time, I was offered a PTA amongst other things if I would provide information.

Back
Top Bottom