Stealth grow in speakers help

JohnnyApple

Alright guys I took everything apart but the box that is glued how do I do it?

All screws are removed its just the last box where the subs go into

Alright guys I took everything apart but the box that is glued how do I do it?

All screws are removed its just the last box where the subs go into

More then likely you cant without destroying it. I believe its particle board glued together. If it is, it will just come apart in chunks.

More then likely you cant without destroying it. I believe its particle board glued together. If it is, it will just come apart in chunks.

I just need to take the front part off, the rest I can keep in tact but how do I loosen the glue leave it in a tub of water?

I just need to take the front part off, the rest I can keep in tact but how do I loosen the glue leave it in a tub of water?

Water and particle board is a bad mix. Particle board will swell up and fall apart. I would try a heat gun if anything at all or something that would evaporate,,,such as denatured alcohol.

Lol i was using a cheisal or the "sophisticated" way but that only made matters worse, one more thing do I have to have a hid? Or can I just use 400 wats? A hid wont fit in this box.:thanks:

A speaker box, I would go with CFL's or LED. HID would more then likely be to much heat. 400watts of anything might be to much heat.

How big is the box? Maybe I can help you come up with something.

I'm thinking a LED UFO. Get a piece of glass thats big enough to be sealed from all 4 sides, mount it about 6 inches from the top, put a 4 inch hole on 2 parallel sides, mount a 4 inch axial fan on one side. This should eliminate any heat at all from entering the box from the light. Then do the same thing below the glass for proper ventilation of the box itself. If you dont know what I mean I can draw ya pic of whats running through my smoked up head.

How big is the box? Maybe I can help you come up with something.

I'm thinking a LED UFO. Get a piece of glass thats big enough to be sealed from all 4 sides, mount it about 6 inches from the top, put a 4 inch hole on 2 parallel sides, mount a 4 inch axial fan on one side. This should eliminate any heat at all from entering the box from the light. Then do the same thing below the glass for proper ventilation of the box itself. If you dont know what I mean I can draw ya pic of whats running through my smoked up head.

It's 12 inches in height 6 in width.

I was planning on gluing a extension core thing in there with surge protection and putting. 4 100 w bulbs fans included of course.

Buddy I think you're reaching for the sky but your fingers are to short. I cant imagine something so small producing anything more then a headache.

Anyway, this is what I was envisioning.
speaker_box.png

Buddy I think you're reaching for the sky but your fingers are to short. I cant imagine something so small producing anything more then a headache.

Anyway, this is what I was envisioning.
speaker_box.png

Shit yeah I knew this was a stupid ass idea. I'll have to go to home depot and build a box to the standards shown above how about the lights cfl what what I heard it has to be 400 w minimum and also led lights are no good for growing weed.

Shit yeah I knew this was a stupid ass idea. I'll have to go to home depot and build a box to the standards shown above how about the lights cfl what what I heard it has to be 400 w minimum and also led lights are no good for growing weed.

LED lights are shit if you buy shit ones. Look through the journals for LED grows and I think you'll change your mind. This one here from Advanced is what I was thinking, its on the expensive side though.

120w LED Grow Light UFO Style - NEW

I would imagine this UFO would rock the shit out of a small grow box. Whats nice about it, its one fixture. For you to get the same amount of output from CFL's you would have to put in a shit load, have wires and sockets all over etc etc. That UFO you could more then likely get a discount on it being a 420 member. It would be one little slick setup.

Another option would be HID HQI bulbs, very small, lots of light. They use them on nano reef tanks. They produce heat and the glass piece would have to be glass and not acrylic.

No, you would need like a 3ftx3ftx4 space for that many plants to grow into something worth while. The UFO wouldnt cover that. I'm thinking 2-3 hempy plants in a box the size of a stand up home speaker.

Lets go back to square one. How big of a space can you come up with, how much money are you willing to spend....Then we will go from there if you are still interested in my help.

No, you would need like a 3ftx3ftx4 space for that many plants to grow into something worth while. The UFO wouldnt cover that. I'm thinking 2-3 hempy plants in a box the size of a stand up home speaker.

Lets go back to square one. How big of a space can you come up with, how much money are you willing to spend....Then we will go from there if you are still interested in my help.

I'm not really willing to spend a grand on this project because if I have to spend that much I could just buy a grow chamber, I'm thinking 200 bucks tops not including the light

i did one plant in a 24'' tall, 9'' wide 6'' deep speaker way way back. just for fun to see if it was possible.

used 100 watts of cfl, and some computer fans.

grabbed 13.5 grams out of it. lol.

not worth it to every try again IMO, but its doable. and it was fun for the novelty.. nothing else :p

Back
Top Bottom