Rockwool

Kilroy64

I see several threads talking about cloning and/or germinating in Rockwool but I do not see many opinions about growing start to finish in Rockwool.

The grow closet I am thinking about buying comes with Rockwool as the medium.

Stealth Grow Cabinet 6 Site Everything You Need Speaker Box Like PC | eBay

Can anybody point me to a specific thread that talks about growing with Rockwool? Or just let me know some opinions.

Should I just get another medium to use in the system?

growing in rockwool is fine. its a good medium. just keep ph between 5.5 and 5.8 and allow it to dry out inbetween waterings. dont keep it soaked.

I grow in rockwool cubes from start (1" cube) to finish(4" cube) in a double hydro system; Drip for Veg and Ebb & Flood for Flowering. I water three times a day and I get some really amazing buds and a great yield. I've never had problems regarding diseases or deficiencies and neither have I had root problems or mold, so I can say with confidence that there's no problem with keeping the rockwool wet if your system works that way (mine does).

Keeping the medium too dry will encourage the plant to grow roots to look for water, this is kind of a double edge sword because if the root system gets too big and you don't have enough space the plant will become rootbound, meaning that it won't be able to absorb nutrients very efficiently and growth will stall, on the other hand the plant could grow bigger (because of the larger root system) and may provide a larger yield if no root problems (or others) arise. Also, the plant uses energy and food to grow the new roots, so if you're flowering then the growth of your buds may suffer.

So I guess is up to you if you keep it wet or dry, you can even try to grow one plant differently so you can see the results and decide then.

Back
Top Bottom