storing cured buds

Sue1957

hi....I have a question? once my buds are all dried and cured can i store them in an air tight igloo cooler.and for how long?
Thanks!!
Sue

Hi there, and welcome to 420 :)

Yes once they are proper dried they can be stored in a dark cool place, mid to low temps i would recommend.
I have had buds laying for a year in fridge. Still very good, they could probably stay for a year more, but i don't know exactly tbh. Even tho its airtight i would still lift the lid every now and then and turn around buds, for air exchange.

the reason i wanted to use the igloo cooler.. not so bulky as all the mason jars i would have to store.do you think i will get any plastic smell ?

C-Vaults are awesome storage containers. Stainless steel pots, with air tight lids and a holder on the underside of the lid which holds 1-4 Boveda Humidipaks. These will hold the RH at a perfect, 62%. No light. No air. perfect humidity. They are a bit spendy but highly recommended. If your bud goes in a touch dry, it will bring it up to 62. If it goes in a bit moist, it will drop it to 62. No matter what is happening outside, your buds will be in a perfect state for storage. It is like a humidor for cigars but designed specifically for bud.

:peace:
Ravyn

Just use those packs in whatever you use that's airtight there "cans" are not the most desirable for storage of decent size amounts period. Not cost effective compared to mason or other similar curing/canning jars.

DSC_06496.JPG

i store mine like Dutty panty does.

OP check out CoFinest,he build a PMV( poor mans vault) under 25 for a 3 pack of stainless,that holds better than a pound per.

Back
Top Bottom