Strain & Pheno?

All strains have phenos, if the parent plants have different genetics, even if the parents are the same strain. Newly developed strains tend to have more phenos than an established strain, as the established strain has less genetic diversity. This is why folks tend to keep the best as a mother plant to generate clones, and use for breeding.

Yep al strains have phenos. Some have to many to really count.

Like Old salt mentioned older strains tend to have less. Even very stable strains are going to have their differences.

Blueberry and Cinderella 99. 2 of the most stable strains out there are still going to have different phenos. The strain in a whole is very similar though. Growth patterns and flower time are going to be very similar. Smells flavors and quality of high will be different plant to plant.

I thought sativa’s had airier buds and indica had tighter buds, i was looking at nug pics over in another thread, seems the hybrids dont follow that rule.... im probably wrong across the board

Not really. It's pretty much true for landraces, but a few hybrids were developed to bring the best of them together in one plant. And now we have the strain explosion with over three thousand known strains, many with several prized phenotypes.

Not really. It's pretty much true for landraces, but a few hybrids were developed to bring the best of them together in one plant. And now we have the strain explosion with over three thousand known strains, many with several prized phenotypes.

I had to look up “Landrace” that was new to me.
Would the difficulties in growing a pure bred, or a LandRace be, duplicating one region’s weather/lite climate and not a mixure of climates ??? If so i now understand hybrids being a little forgiving as to Tent climate for home growing

I had to look up “Landrace” that was new to me.
Would the difficulties in growing a pure bred, or a LandRace be, duplicating one region’s weather/lite climate and not a mixure of climates ??? If so i now understand hybrids being a little forgiving as to Tent climate for home growing

To an extent, but they're weeds and have the ability to adapt within limits. The ones chosen for breeding have desirable attributes. Those attributes could be yield, potency, effects, climate, time to harvest, and ease of growing. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince of plants.

Back
Top Bottom