stress fems = male flower

drdanks

I have a kali mist x da bomb x hawaiian sativa. Growing indoor under 600w hps, temp 79 during the day and 70 at night, 40-60% rh. I added 6 to my garden, toped two, super cropped two and left two alone. been flowering for 14 days. over the weekend the four 'altered' girls had male flowers instead of pistils, and the other two have great pistils. Would the topping and super cropping at the start of flowering create enough stress to make the fem clone hermi? any ideas would be super. thanks guys!!!:rollit::thanks:

i took the pollen sacks off the plants, pretty tedious, but they havent come back, and where the pollen sacks were there are now pistils. do you think they will be back?

I have a kali mist x da bomb x hawaiian sativa. Growing indoor under 600w hps, temp 79 during the day and 70 at night, 40-60% rh. I added 6 to my garden, toped two, super cropped two and left two alone. been flowering for 14 days. over the weekend the four 'altered' girls had male flowers instead of pistils, and the other two have great pistils. Would the topping and super cropping at the start of flowering create enough stress to make the fem clone hermi? any ideas would be super. thanks guys!!!:rollit::thanks:

were all 6 of the plants clones from the same mother, or grown from seed?

i took the pollen sacks off the plants, pretty tedious, but they havent come back, and where the pollen sacks were there are now pistils. do you think they will be back?

If I see a hermie early on, I will kill him,, if it is late in flower, I will tend to the cutting of the balls for as long as possible... IMO if it is showing hermie traits right away, then it will be prone to being hermie...

I could be wrong (I am very new, still learning everyday, and do not have alot of experience)

thanks for the input, all 3rd gen from the same mom. im pretty sure the initial stress when forced to flower is what caused it. they have such a happy environment now that they are flourishing. im ever improving my space...i had 6 sweet tooth in this same space before i filled it up. they lived in 95 degree weather for 5-7 days until i could get an ac, that alone cause these all fem clones to hermie and give me fem seeds! i will prob harvest 750-1000+ female seeds! but since the room has become complete and consistent they are still pushin up beautiful buds!

thanks for the input, all 3rd gen from the same mom. im pretty sure the initial stress when forced to flower is what caused it. they have such a happy environment now that they are flourishing.

that's great.. glad to hear they are doing good
im ever improving my space...i had 6 sweet tooth in this same space before i filled it up. they lived in 95 degree weather for 5-7 days until i could get an ac
battling heat issues myself,, hovering around 88 mosat of the time,, spikes to 93 or so every once in a while..
that alone cause these all fem clones to hermie and give me fem seeds! i will prob harvest 750-1000+ female seeds! but since the room has become complete and consistent they are still pushin up beautiful buds!

wow,, that's alot of seeds .. glad to see they are growing nicely :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom