Stressed out auto

JKB1989

So I had two white widow auto plants that were stressed out as seedlings. They were way smaller than the other two I was growing. I actually thought that they wouldn't make it. They rebounded and started growing always smaller than the other two. They stretched, flowered and finished two weeks ago. My other two have at least two week to go and the buds are much bigger. My smoke test was a little disappointing. I thought the quality of the smoke was lacking the good kick. I'm hoping the early stress and early flowering has a direct effect on size and quality of the smoke. Am I correct in my thinking?

There are so many factors involved in that question. First was the herb dried and cured properly before you smoke tested it? And second what was the stress that that the seedlings went through?

I germinated my seedlings per crop kings instructions. Once they were planted into the soil and two of five popped up in 48hrs. My son got inquisitive and decided to find out why the other ones didnt pop up. He dug the seeds out of the dirt and thoroughly inspected the seeds. They were out of their shells. Then he replanted them. One of the three came out of the soil and died. The other two came out and looked and grew real slow and didnt look as healthy as the two that originally popped up. I thought they were going to die but the pulled thru and flowered a month early.
As far as the drying and curing went it wasn't as it should have been. I had no place to dry the buds as I have an eight year old grandson that we're raising. I had to hang them in my grow room. Put a blanket between the grow light and the buds but obviously they were only in complete darkness when light was off. The temp was 75degrees and I had to put them in a container after three days as I thought the buds felt crispy on the outside. After burping every two hours for two days I determined that they were still to wet so I took them out and let them dry more in a box. Eight hours later I put them back in container. I'm now satisfied that the are at least curing right and I'm down to burping once a day.

Some friendly advice. When you have chalenges like haveing a young kid around. My suggestion would be to put the freshly cut buds into a papper bag and roll the top down and put a chip-clip or a girls hair clip so it does not open. This is known as the fast drying process which still takes minimum of 6 days. Once it is in the bags the papper works in the same manor as Reverse Osmosis does as it will pull the moisture out. Key factor is that it needs to be in a warm area. I put my bags on top of my water heater, I have a friend that puts them on top of the refrigertaer and the heat from it seems to work. Also before you decide to put into jars make sure you can snap the stem without any strings peeling off. And if you over dry the buds no problem. You can rehydrate them easily using Lettice leaves or orange peels. The only thing is when you rehydroate the buds make sure you hasve a hydrogemeter that tells you the relative humidity and the Temp. You want to keep the Relative humidity right at 60-63%. 61% is Ideal. It has been my experience that when rehydroting you only need to leave in the peels for no more than a few hours to raise the humidity by 10-12%. And if you over hydrate you just puor the buds out on news paper foe a hour or so. Curing is the most important aspect along with genetics on how the final product will be. I have grown some low Thc and high CBD plants and when I finished curing them you would think its the bomb untill you smoked it and had to smoke 4 joints before you felt it lol.

I germinated my seedlings per crop kings instructions. Once they were planted into the soil and two of five popped up in 48hrs. My son got inquisitive and decided to find out why the other ones didnt pop up. He dug the seeds out of the dirt and thoroughly inspected the seeds. They were out of their shells. Then he replanted them. One of the three came out of the soil and died. The other two came out and looked and grew real slow and didnt look as healthy as the two that originally popped up. I thought they were going to die but the pulled thru and flowered a month early.
As far as the drying and curing went it wasn't as it should have been. I had no place to dry the buds as I have an eight year old grandson that we're raising. I had to hang them in my grow room. Put a blanket between the grow light and the buds but obviously they were only in complete darkness when light was off. The temp was 75degrees and I had to put them in a container after three days as I thought the buds felt crispy on the outside. After burping every two hours for two days I determined that they were still to wet so I took them out and let them dry more in a box. Eight hours later I put them back in container. I'm now satisfied that the are at least curing right and I'm down to burping once a day.
Crop King has earned the name: Crap King.
I'm leaning towards the upcoming ones being better. I have grown the exact same seeds from CKS and I was not happy but I hope your experience will be better. I'm now buying from a new 420 sponsor; New420GuySeeds. Darn cheap, free seeds and he does not try to make a profit on shipping.

Have you grown crown royale from ck? I've got three of them vegging now. Just waiting for the last two autos to finish up. Looks like about one more week. Any how I'm planning on taking some clones of my crown royale's before switching over. Do you know if the smoke is worth cloning?
No, I've grown their Purple Kush and their Cali OG Kush Haze as well as the WW auto. The Purple was pretty but THC was not that high (WW auto level) the Cali was much better.
I'm growing one of our sponsor's Gorilla Glue #4 right now. Every seed out of 5 was a different pheno (2 were stunted, which is why I'm not sharing the name) but I do have one that leans very Indica that I'm on a second-generation clone of. I've got 2 more of the same from New420GuySeeds (cheap seeds) that I'm popping next week. 2 more tries at getting an Indica leaning GG#4 and I'll settle in with a nice clone to grow. The Sativa leaners grow huge colas but I like the high from the Indica leaner better. They are not kidding about THC levels with this stuff. One of the stunted is half and half (you can tell by leaf width and color) that might be a winner as well; a GG#4 that refuses to stretch with clumpy Indica buds would be great!
What I would do is clone them then decide after you harvest if you want to grow it again. You can always toss them in the trash if you decide the variety is not what you want.

I grew some CKS when I first started. The one strain that kicked ass was their Black Indica. Beautiful plants and phenomenal smooth hard hitting smoke.

My wife equates smoking it to sipping some fine wine.

No, I've grown their Purple Kush and their Cali OG Kush Haze as well as the WW auto. The Purple was pretty but THC was not that high (WW auto level) the Cali was much better.
I'm growing one of our sponsor's Gorilla Glue #4 right now. Every seed out of 5 was a different pheno (2 were stunted, which is why I'm not sharing the name) but I do have one that leans very Indica that I'm on a second-generation clone of. I've got 2 more of the same from New420GuySeeds (cheap seeds) that I'm popping next week. 2 more tries at getting an Indica leaning GG#4 and I'll settle in with a nice clone to grow. The Sativa leaners grow huge colas but I like the high from the Indica leaner better. They are not kidding about THC levels with this stuff. One of the stunted is half and half (you can tell by leaf width and color) that might be a winner as well; a GG#4 that refuses to stretch with clumpy Indica buds would be great!
What I would do is clone them then decide after you harvest if you want to grow it again. You can always toss them in the trash if you decide the variety is not what you want.
Sounds like a good plan. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom