When should I start LST?

BrokrnEyes

Strain: white widow auto flower
hydro aero garden)
vegetative phase: two weeks

OK quick question, first time grower so I'm obviously over anxious about every step. I intend to LST or low stress strain my plant and I'd like to know when is the best time to begin. What I have read is that the sooner is always the better but looking at my plant it only has two sets of leaves with a third set just starting to form, would now be a little too early? How many sets should I wait until I begin low stress training?

Lst reqiures little work generally within the 5-6 node of plant - being an auto start some say that the due to genetic's of auto's they don't respond well to many growing methods - Lst would be the best - wait till 5 st of true leaves - the plant will than have a good 50 day's to perform (harvest)

Thanks! At the rate of growth, and the fact I fed it, I expect to see node 5/6 by the weekend if not the next feeding.

If this is your first grow, with an auto especially,, I'd recommend you just grow it out naturally and not mess around to much. If it was a regular photo I'd say have at it since you have time to recoup any mistakes. With an auto, you won't have any time, if you screw up and stunt it, you'll never see the potential. Good luck

Check out my gals they got they're training young and with grace. I think it was after 3rd node. Just be so gentle that you don't cause actual stress to her. Take a few centimetres at a time, next thing you know she's horizontal and running around the track at full speed. If you got time take a look at my lst example. There's so much on this site about training, just use the search bar and have at the hours of material on this community site

Low stress training can be best described as keeping most if not all branches as horizontal as possible so every leaf gets unshaded access to light.

Start as soon as you have enough branch to work with to achieve the above goal.

It doesn't hurt so technical you can LST at any stage. I have seen people in very small tents LST way to close to the top f the soil but still do fine. The biggest concern with starting early is making sure there is enough room for air circulation under the canopy so leave a bit of space to the top of the medium...like 6 inches min.

Here's an idea for ya..take the very top leave and tape it to the side of your plant or pot..I'm not sure how big it is but you might have to wait a little bit..you don't want it bend to where it's gonna brake you want it look like it is sideways..I did it with mine and it blet up the lower branches..but everyone has there on way of doing stuff..and I never grew an auto before so maybe you should listen to Mass Medman and just let this one go..but it's all up to what you want to do..happy growing

So slight update.... What is defined AS a complete segment? Because now I'm thinking they only just have one as the second set hasn't actually grown out past the first. It's like it set out a pair of leaves each time.

Back
Top Bottom