Stunted Growth

Hi there Old Fart! Haha... I also started off with a couple auto flowers. Amnesia Haze. I ran into a couple of issues with them. Not because they were autos though. Just life really. The cat knocked one down and bent her in half. I propped her back up with some added support. The stem was crimped pretty bad. I thought she was done for but she healed and grew. Then I had spider mites. That sucked. They hadn't gotten to the point of webs but the leafs all had the brown spots on them. So I sprayed her down thoroughly with dish soap and water. Then rinsed her off. I did that twice and it killed all the spider mites. Along with most of the tricombs I'm sure. In the end they produced a couple medium sized jars of smoke.. Tastes not so great but still packs a punch. I suppose the only thing I worry about is smoking soap residue. I rinsed them off quite a bit just for that reason but still... I know it has a funny taste to it. I certainly don't feel any cleaner though... .

Sent from my STV100-3 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Sometimes it's really hard to catch a break, but i guess there are worse things than dish soap. Your plant is looking great.

So she's now grown to 16 inches. The flowers are beginning to show clearly now too. But she doesn't seem to look as healthy as earlier on. The leaf tips are curling a little. Personally I think this is a result of warmer temperatures. Earlier on during the winter I managed to keep the temp down between 21 ish and 25 ish. Humidity has always been a little low at around 30%. Now as the ambient temperature raises, it seems the temperature in the tent is always up in the 30+ range. Personally I think it's too warm. I thing 22 to 24 is perfect and she showed it earlier on. The curling isn't a result of over feeding as I haven't given her nutrients for the last 5 days or so. Just about a liter of water pH'd down to 6.5 and added seaweed extract. I'll give her nutrients today.

420-magazine-mobile2041295587.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1438064563.jpg

420-magazine-mobile73253868.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2067495488.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1661323368.jpg

420-magazine-mobile258706615.jpg

Hey Cheese. Thanks for the input! Ya I had thought that at first and decided not to give any nutes for a week. Just water and seaweed extract. But I'm not convinced that's clawing. I feel like clawing would be the ends and sides of the leaves. Could be this is early stages? Also could be too much water? When I feed her, I give her almost 1.5 Liters of water. I use FloraGro/micro and Bloom. I follow the directions on the label exactly. Hmm.. I'll keep a close eye on her for the next little while.

It does look like early n tox to me. That been said she looks in great shape. I don't know the nutes you are using so i cant comment on them. I use biobizz and i never follow the directions, tried that and it went horribly wrong.

The lads reckon you should look into using the Lucas formula an bits,a drop of a few degrees at night might work as may raising the light,you defo need an accurate P.H meter,why give SOIL such a low P.H,giving it 5 should not come out at 7(shitey meter),use clay pebbles instead for hydro yields,control and quality then you could use 5.5PH,and did you read closely that it says 50% for soil and that is max,you also need a EC meter to take the guess work out of feeding,a simple test would tell you how much nutrient is in the soil,hydro rules though and is well worth the little bit extra work,think of hydro as science where as I consider soil hit n miss where if you hit you'll still end up with HF the yield and a earthy taste.TBS

Sent from my HUAWEI Y625-U21 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm going to back off on the nutes as you suggested. Pay attention to the temp and humidity. And see what happens! I've seen clawing before but never early stages. You could be exactly right. We shall see! I wonder if it could be the transition to flowering. I started transitioning her maybe 4 weeks ago. I didn't just switch to 12/12 light / dark though. I reduced the light over a period of maybe 2 weeks. (I just thought it was mimicking nature a little more closely... Ridiculous I know, considering I'm using LED lights inside a tent...). But perhaps as she transitions to flowering, the Nitrogen she was receiving was too much? Either way, she isn't too bad and I'll keep a close eye on her.

Yeah use gentle nutes,ionic is a gentle starter,you may have to go back to go forward,virtually no nutes except seaweed,low light(till it is healthy enough to process fullon light n nutes.cfls ,fluorescent or led dimmed down on the red side are all cool for bringing back from the brink but poco a poco.TBSd

That's what's nice about these MarsHydro 48's. They have the bloom settings. Kind of a nice touch. Though I'm sure most of the better LEDs have the bloom switch. So are you saying when I use the nutes, don't bother with the seaweed extract? And vice versa ?

Please if you want to see growth get a wilma system,fill it with perlite or grorocks(soak them to 5.5),or what works for you they are well adaptable,as are the metre long rockwool slab trays,forget danish trays these stack and can adapt to any method n u can supercharge easy,7litre pots fit(5) a little filter and you can put grorocks under the slab put in an air tube(t one with loads of holes,wall of air I believe its called)and you'll see crazy growth,good for mums.and the drainage is superb,you can even rig it to flood and drain to help oxigen saturation,HINT TO NEWBIES-you can never get to much oxigen in your system.

Dear greenlivesmtr,seaweed(especially nodosom that we all used to pop as kids)is well cool,Maxicrop brown bottle is v good and quite cheap as is from garden centres,always try n get as much as poss from there to save the Penny's,other pro gear and special buys see your grow shop,add your nutes to a seaweed base or me personally start with a low complete hydro(not organic)and build on that with seaweed and other plant delicacys
Optimum bloom(growth tech) or Lucas formula make a brilliant base to work.TBS

OK so this has just sort of popped up in the last couple days. Leaf tips are curling. I think the tendency is to think they are clawing. But in this case. From what I've read online, I'm thinking the issue is over watering. Also some of the older leaves are showing signs of Phosphorus Deficiency? What do you think?

420-magazine-mobile260421620.jpg

420-magazine-mobile756468440.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1657288073.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1414876342.jpg

pH at the roots is around 7.

So is there a Dr in the house? A little while ago I posted some pictures trying to diagnose possible issues with this White Widow fem. I thought maybe over watering was the issue so I hadn't watered her in about a week. The leaves were sagging today as well as being curled downwards. So I fed her this morning. The leaves are no longer sagging but still curled the way they have been for weeks. This seemed to start when I began the flowering stage. I'm using 2x 300 watt LED by MarsHydro and I'm thinking maybe too much light / Heat maybe the issue as well. Or a possibility could be Phosphorus Deficiency. Anybody have any experience with these issues?

I plucked these off this morning
420-magazine-mobile1351161651.jpg

From what I've been reading, the way they blotch up, dry from the ends and show red on the stem, looks like Phosphorus Deficiency.

420-magazine-mobile1891276364.jpg

420-magazine-mobile554027102.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2111452504.jpg

You can see the curling happening here. It seems to be uniform.

Any opinions?

Oh and also I've turned of one of the MarsHydro 48's to help reduce heat in the tent. So currently in the tent I have one of two LEDs going but both bloom switches are on.

420-magazine-mobile1713411752.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1017353382.jpg

"""Although in this particular instance, I tried pH'ing lower than usual as I felt the pH was too high in the soil. ????

4.68 pH??? I hope you're kidding. You need to read about pH, I don't think you understand the significance of a balanced pH. The plant doesn't care about how you "FEEL" about pH, it must have the proper pH in the range that the roots will be able to USE the nutrients, You mights well just flush them down the toilet, the plant isn't able to use them. You are killing that plant, you mights well be watering with vinegar and forget the nutrients.

I would advise flushing that plant with water pH'd to exactly 6.5 (Thats six point five.) and half hour later feed it with half strength nutrients pH'd to 6.5 (thats six point five) with 2 gallons and don't worry about what the run off is. Just be sure you pH everything to 6.5 (Six point five.)

6.5 6.5

6.5 6.5 6.5

6.5 6.5 6.5

Look at the charts at the following link. Pay particular attention where a pH of 4.68 is.

pH_chart727.jpg

So it is not recommended to use AN ph perfect nutes if you use soil medium??? Because they ph at 5.8 no matter what...

The nutes sound fine to me! I keep hearing different opinions about pH. Some say 5.8 - 6.2... others say 6.5 on the button. 15 years ago I grew some of the best greens I've EVER smoked and I had no clue what I was doing... kinda like now actually. But back then I didn't pay attention to pH at all! Fluke I guess

Back
Top Bottom