Stunted Growth

The light is currently at 25 inches. She's grown about an inch in the last week. Most of her growth seems to be undergrowth. Under her fan leaves seems to be quite lush and green!

420-magazine-mobile51892507.jpg

I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing. Maybe mess with the light height and see what happens.

I wonder if maybe the height issue has anything to do with the plant being a lone plant. Personally I feel like a plant would grow like crazy if there was no competition for light. But then again, perhaps she doesn't need to grow as there is no competition for light. I'm not a pro by any means. This is all experience. I'm taking notes throughout the entire process and hopefully I will learn something I can pass on to fellow cannabis growers out there!

Sent from my STV100-3 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
What ever it is, she looks really healthy. Maybe it is just the genetics of that particular seed. Maybe it got the short gene. I also have had plants that look a little weird.

Napoleonic syndrome! Let's hope so. Short stature, Big flower... we shall see

Well, a couple of weeks ago I added a second MarsHydro Reflector 48. I think she's reacted well to the extra light! She's still lush as ever and she's grown to about 10". She's about 10 weeks old now. I think I'll begin reducing the light schedule.

420-magazine-mobile1222704642.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1287607993.jpg

420-magazine-mobile410088422.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1322542741.jpg

I am noticing a little twisting of the new leafs on top but they seem to straighten out as they grow.

It may not be growing fast but it certainly looks healthy!
I've started her into the flower stage and she's grown 4" in as many days! I've read that the white window can double in size during flowering so we'll see what happens. She's still looking happy and healthy though! I've notices some brown tips now though. I'm not sure if that's a transition thing or not. We'll see! I'll post more pix soon!

Hmm. I'm trying to add pics but I'm being told I may not have permission to . I think it may be an issue with my phone. I'll check it out

I just feel like I don't want to cut any of the fan leafs. Not now anyway. I thing the branches I've pulled down will stretch outward now to get more light!

Well, there's only one top. The off shoots are just starting to poke through. I'm curious to see what the training does. This is only the second time I've grow in recent years. I've never "topped" a plant before. I think I'll try that on my next grow. Based on what I've been reading. When she starts flowering, you shouldn't trim fan leafs or top the plant. It's too harmful. Plus she looks so lush I just want to see how she turns out. Maybe 9 weeks of flowering (from now) and she'll be ready!

Its an auto right? IF you cut a fanleaf here and there i would do it early. Just the ones blocking lower branches. But good Training will do. Just like you did.

I am curious why the new growth looks so pale on the one branch, first it reminded me about light burn, but it could be something else. Maybe you should feed a mild dose of immobile nutrients.

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Well, there's only one top. The off shoots are just starting to poke through. I'm curious to see what the training does. This is only the second time I've grow in recent years. I've never "topped" a plant before. I think I'll try that on my next grow. Based on what I've been reading. When she starts flowering, you shouldn't trim fan leafs or top the plant. It's too harmful. Plus she looks so lush I just want to see how she turns out. Maybe 9 weeks of flowering (from now) and she'll be ready!

Ah ok. You are pulling the branches out to get more light in. Thought you might have been bending the top downward.

Subbed, just my opinion but the extra light while not really doing any harm at all isn't all that necessary when you factor in that it's really just indirect par I just feel that you could have a bigger space with at minimum 1 other plant taking full advantage of that light other than that she looks great! I keep seeing ppl ask if she is an auto but I didn't ever see an answer?

"You can fail at doing something you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing something you love" ~ Jim Carrey

Oh. Somehow I missed the question. No she's not an auto. Just a feminized see from crop king. And I agree whole heartedly about the space. I'm in a condo though and currently space isn't an option. 2x2 is the most I can go. I would have preferred a 2x4 but I think it would have taken up too much space.
Perhaps in the future I may make some changes around here. We'll see. Lol, I even considered buying a new home! Haha. Oy... But living in Toronto means you need a cool million just to buy an average house... The market is nuts here! But back to your point, I agree totally. More space would have been ideal.

I have almost the identical setup, 2x2 tent, mars 48 reflector, and I too am new at this. The only differences are I am growing 2 CK train wreck autos and I started them under cfl's. I started with the auto's because I thought it would be easier and I think it probably is although growing photos seems to give you a lot more control. Mine seem to be starting into the flowering, pre flowering? ( approx day 21 )
I don't live far from TO and will be watching your progress.

I have almost the identical setup, 2x2 tent, mars 48 reflector, and I too am new at this. The only differences are I am growing 2 CK train wreck autos and I started them under cfl's. I started with the auto's because I thought it would be easier and I think it probably is although growing photos seems to give you a lot more control. Mine seem to be starting into the flowering, pre flowering? ( approx day 21 )
I don't live far from TO and will be watching your progress.
Hi there Old Fart! Haha... I also started off with a couple auto flowers. Amnesia Haze. I ran into a couple of issues with them. Not because they were autos though. Just life really. The cat knocked one down and bent her in half. I propped her back up with some added support. The stem was crimped pretty bad. I thought she was done for but she healed and grew. Then I had spider mites. That sucked. They hadn't gotten to the point of webs but the leafs all had the brown spots on them. So I sprayed her down thoroughly with dish soap and water. Then rinsed her off. I did that twice and it killed all the spider mites. Along with most of the tricombs I'm sure. In the end they produced a couple medium sized jars of smoke.. Tastes not so great but still packs a punch. I suppose the only thing I worry about is smoking soap residue. I rinsed them off quite a bit just for that reason but still... I know it has a funny taste to it. I certainly don't feel any cleaner though... .

Some photos.

She's beginning to stretch now. 14"!
420-magazine-mobile634564116.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1675963732.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1243996706.jpg

These are the little offshoots I've just pulled out into the light. We'll see how they respond.
420-magazine-mobile103370685.jpg

Back
Top Bottom