Burnt leaf edges and stunted growth

PodBoy

420 Member
I had two very promising plants coming up, when I moved the seedlings to large pots they started getting slight burning on the tips of the lower leaves. Over the last month, they have been stunted and continue to waste away form the lower leaves up. The only discrepancy from that is that there are stubby little leaves on the stem. Kind of like a balding man with a neck beard! In any event, everything I saw here and elsewhere showed this to be likely the result of high PH. I checked the PH and found it to be around 8.5! I'm guessing the 'miracle grow' that someone recommended is what did that. In any event, I transplanted them into fresh soil at PH7 and added some sulfur to bring it down further. It hasn't had effect yet, but the small plants are still in the same shape.
I'm wondering if a) there is anything else that might be wrong? I remember growing in dirt under a incandescent bulb in my closet as a kid and they just came up, so I'm kind of surprised at the challenges. and b) Is it too late for these? I don't know how much 'potential energy' they have in them and if it's been all used up just trying to survive through whatever is going on.
Any suggestions are much appreciated. Early photo and one from today attached

Re: Burnt leaf edges and stunted growth.

First thing I'd say is your light is to close however I can't really judge from your pictures. Make sure its about 4-6 inches away.

Thanks, yea, I'd had it at about 6 inches, and moved it back to ten in case that was too close. Thanks and let me know if you think of anything else!

Back
Top Bottom