Sulfur buds

Can you get sulfur smell and taste off your finished buds before drying them any solutions please help

Hey Pat! I have absolutely no idea. To be honest I've never even heard of buds smelling or tasting like sulphur. That can't be a great experience. Have you tried curing them in an air tight jar? Maybe someone else here can be a bit more helpful than I've been. Welcome to 420 my friend :)
The sulfur buds that is my own fault I sprayed them with sulfur dust 2 months ago and now I'm finding when I'm cutting washing hanging drying and doing a little taste test it smells and tastes like a burnt match

The sulfur buds that is my own fault I sprayed them with sulfur dust 2 months ago and now I'm finding when I'm cutting washing hanging drying and doing a little taste test it smells and tastes like a burnt match
I'm just curious if anybody here knows of a way to get rid of the sulfur taste and smell the only thing I can think of is doing a water cure?? Any answers or Solutions will be much appreciated

Maybe that is a good call though I'm not experienced with water curing either. Have you tried bud washing? :)
Yes I did 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide 3% to 5 gallons of water rinse for 3 to 5 minutes then rinsed in warm water plain warm water 5 gallon bucket for another 5 minutes cook really well on them on the line to let the water drip took one in later lit it smelled it and it stinks like a burnt match and taste like one too so I guess I'm going to try after calling the Lilly company they had no Solutions I do know baking soda and water can help eliminate odors so if there's no other good answers here or Solutions I will try that unfortunately I sprayed every plant I have with sulfur two months before Harvest and it is still in my Sticky Buds big mistake

I figured dust in the plants with sulfur 2 months prior to harvest I figured the rain would wash that off but it didn't it literally must be stuck to the sticky bugs so as I said I washed half cup hydrogen peroxide 3% 5 gallons of water then rinse then hung to dry still taste and smell like a burnt match I'm willing to try anything I'm going to lose all of my crop due to the taste and smell it doesn't smell or taste like it's safe to smoke

Check for bud rot mate. Sulpher smell could be onset but also could be a nute/additive Some stink terrible. Wjat are you using. ?
Also how long did you flush,when did u stop adding stuff to the waterings. Sone nutes ect.... need to stop weeks before flowering to avoid affecting end taste. ?

I've just been doing some Google research for you and I can't find much at all about use with cannabis. I've discovered that it is generally considered as low toxicity to humans when ingested in small quantities. However if combusted (as in smoked) it can actually be fatal. I'm sorry but I'm not sure that there is anything that can be done to remove it from the plant matter. If I was you I wouldn't smoke anymore of it. Maybe someone will have a crazy out of the box idea that can help but from what I've read it doesn't look promising. I think you should treat this as a learning point and try again. Sorry my friend :confused:

I've just been doing some Google research for you and I can't find much at all about use with cannabis. I've discovered that it is generally considered as low toxicity to humans when ingested in small quantities. However if combusted (as in smoked) it can actually be fatal. I'm sorry but I'm not sure that there is anything that can be done to remove it from the plant matter. If I was you I wouldn't smoke anymore of it. Maybe someone will have a crazy out of the box idea that can help but from what I've read it doesn't look promising. I think you should treat this as a learning point and try again. Sorry my friend :confused:
Thanks for trying to help me but I can't just toss it all away it's too much of a shame to do that so I'll wait for some more answers but in the meantime I'm going to try the water cure method it says it gets rid of pesticides dirt and everything guess it couldn't hurt but if anybody knows anything to clean the sulfur off my buds please help and thank you in advance

Welcome Pat, I'm not sure if you'll get the sulphur out of the buds. Maybe if you settle for some dry sift hash or maybe make oil with it. I've never encountered this issue before. A lot of us use alcohol mixed 1:9 with water or peroxide during flower. Both will gas off quickly.

Also how long did you flush,when did u stop adding stuff to the waterings. Sone nutes ect.... need to stop weeks before flowering to avoid affecting end taste. ?

As I, and many others, have suspected. Flushing to rid your bud of nutrients is some serious bro / stoner science. Now to wait for science to clear up all the other bro science myths.

"Through the use of psychrometers, water status (cWP) thresholds were correlated with humidity (cVPD) thresholds and reduced irrigation frequency resulting in water use reductions up to 45.7% which had negligible impacts on yield and cannabinoid profile. Flushing was found to be ineffective in removing any significant amount of nutrient from the bud."

Irrigation Management Strategies for Medical Cannabis in Controlled Environments

As I, and many others, have suspected. Flushing to rid your bud of nutrients is some serious bro / stoner science. Now to wait for science to clear up all the other bro science myths.

"Through the use of psychrometers, water status (cWP) thresholds were correlated with humidity (cVPD) thresholds and reduced irrigation frequency resulting in water use reductions up to 45.7% which had negligible impacts on yield and cannabinoid profile. Flushing was found to be ineffective in removing any significant amount of nutrient from the bud."

Irrigation Management Strategies for Medical Cannabis in Controlled Environments

Essentially watering your plants in hopes of clearing out nutes is BS, but watering with nutes has not shown a positive effect the last few weeks either. Basically, save your $ by not using nutes but you're not doing anything to the taste. That all comes from a decent cure, and always has.

This is where i would liked to have took it but suggesting not flushing gets so much shit ,i rather suggest stop feeding and allow her to use available chlorophyl ect.... but read recenyly about stopping cal mag for a better burn so meant more along those lines than "suck the nutes out with syringes" kind of stuff. Lol. Read my diaries and u will see i am a fan of allowing the girls to do their thing tjey do best with little or no interfetence from me,this includes no chops till dry to any part of harvested plant
Peace

Back
Top Bottom